Takodana

(Han Solo's POV)
I knew Jayde was upset. I'd been away for so long, and not that she found me, I would just be leaving her again. It's what was best for all of us. Jayde belonged with her mother to continue to fight. She had a place there, whereas I didn't.

Jayde and the two fugitives followed behind into the cockpit. Jayde sat as my copilot, but didn't say anything to me. She just stared at the planet below us.

"I didn't know there was this much green in the whole galaxy." The girl spoke aloud, causing me to look at her. Guess that's what Jakku does to you. Just a bunch of sand.

As we landed, Jayde stood up immediately and followed after the girl. She didn't say anything or even looked at me. I stood up slowly and made my way over to grab my things.

"Hey, Solo. Look, I'm not sure what we're walking into..." I cut the boy off.

"Did you just call me Solo?" I asked.

"Sorry. Han. Mr. Solo. You should know, I'm a big deal in the Resistance, which puts a real target on my back. Are there any conspirators here? Like, First Order sympathizers?"

I turned around to him, "Listen 'big deal', you got another problem. Women always figure out the truth. I bet my daughter already has you down to a science." I pushed the gun into his chest, "Always."

I walked away from him and stepped out of the ship. I saw Jayde and the girl, staring out over the water. This was once our home until it wasn't safe anymore. This was where Jayde had left her best friend. This was where I split apart from my family.

I walked in between the girl and Jayde. I turned to the girl and handed her the blaster, "You might need this."

"I think I can handle myself." The girl said and I heard Jayde scoff behind me.

"I know you do, that's why I'm giving it to you. Take it." She took it from me. She pointed it out towards the lake, "You know how to use one of those?"

"Yeah. You pull the trigger." The girl spoke.

"That's what a rookie would say." Jayde spoke up and made her way closer, "There's a little bit more to it. You've obviously got a lot to learn."

"You got a name?" I asked the girl.

"Rey." She answered.

"Rey." I nodded at her before turning to Jayde. She caught my eye quick, but then looked at the ground. Rey must have noticed the moment and stepped away, "I've been thinking about bringing on some more crew. A second mate. Someone to help out. Someone who can keep up with Chewie and me, who appreciates the Falcon."

Jayde scoffed at me, "Why don't you ask Rey? Earlier she kept trying to tell me how to fix your ship."

"But you seem to know your way around more." I tried to reason.

"Of course I do. It was my second home." She still wasn't looking at me.

"Jayde," she looked up at me, "you know I can't go back."

"Why? What's there for you to loose? Come back home to us." Jayde pleaded.

I stepped closer and brushed a piece of hair behind her ear, "I'll think about it. Right now all that matters is I have you in front of me." I smiled softly at her and kissed the top of her head. I turned to Rey, "What about you?"

"Me?" Rey questioned and I nodded, "Are you offering me a job?"

"Wouldn't be nice to ya. Doesn't pay much." I told her.

"You're offering me a job." Rey stated.

"I'm thinking about it." I told her and I heard Jayde laugh behind me, "Well?"