What is Call Center? Explain Technology,Features & Key Benefits of Call Center?

Definition

A call center is a physical location, where huge volumes of calls are taken care of, by an outsourced company. Usually, it is a centralized office brought into use with the intention of receiving and transmitting huge volume of telephone request, to meet the purpose of business transactions. Call centers mostly vocation by means of IVR's. The definition of an IVR is a telephone interface to a computer system. Contemporarily, a call center is capable of handling huge volumes of call, simultaneously, along with screening as well as forwarding them to someone professionally qualified to handle calls.

Call centers are brought into use by telemarketing companies, utility companies, mail order catalogue retailers, companies that need customer support services as well as other outsourcing services. Most of the business houses make use of call center for various customer services like IT-help desk, inbound calls, sales, order taking and processing, financial support as well as many other outbound services.

 Most of the business houses make use of call center for various customer services like IT-help desk, inbound calls, sales, order taking and processing, financial support as well as many other outbound services

Technology

1. After Call Work (ACW)

2. Automatic Call Distribution (ACD)

3. Agent Performance Analytics

4. Average Handling Time (AHT)

5. Automatic Number Identification (ANI)

6. Automated Surveys (AS)

7. Best Time to Call/ Outbound Call Optimization (BTTC)

8. Call recording software, Customer Interaction Management Solutions, which is known as 'Unified' solutions

9. Chat and Web Collaboration

10. Computer Telephony Integration (CTI)

11. Customer Relationship Management (CRM)

12. Desktop Scripting Solutions

13. Electronic Performance Support Systems

14. Email Management

15. Enterprise Campaign Management Issue Tracking System

16. Interactive Voice Response (IVR)

17. Knowledge Management System (KMS)

18. Outbound Predictive dialer

19. Predictive Dialing System (PDS)

20. Outsourcing

21. Quality Monitoring, which is also known as call recording software

22. Speech Analytics

23. Third Party Verification

24. Text to Speech (TTS)

25. Virtual Queuing

26. Voice Analysis

27. Voice Mail

28. VoIP

29. Voice Recognition

30. Workforce Management (WFM)

Services

The call center services, are broadly divided into two categories:

® Inbound Services: In this kind of service, the calls are usually received, by any agent, in the course of a toll free number, of customer support help desk. Then, the agent goes ahead to solve the queries of the customer or any product related issues. Some of the inbound services are customer care services, database management, order taking services, insurance claim and verification.

® Outbound Services: Most of the outbound calls our sales oriented, as usual. The agent calls up the possible clients, for the purpose of doing some market research or for sales leads, towards lead generation. Some of the outbound services include welcome calls, direct marketing campaigns, selling services, appointment setting, market research, up selling and cross selling.

Wide variety of services are inclusive of the following:

1. Phone Answering Service

2. Troubleshooting/ technical support services for products

3. Messaging Services

4. Voice Mail Ordering

5. Outbound Telemarketing Services

Features

1. Offers Call Back Function: The call center software ought to give the caller the callback option if he wants if ever the line gets congested at the time of the call. This way, call center agents can give resolution to whatever issues are bugging the caller.

2. Built-in Interactive Voice Response (IVR): This nifty, must-have feature can quickly present the caller the information he needs without burdening the call center agent with unnecessary demand for time. This will allow the call center agent to spend the time in more productive pursuits.

3. Call Routing: Call Routing matches the caller's time of call, geographical location and other information to the call center agent that best meet those criteria. It gives satisfaction to the customers. Simultaneously, it makes the call center agent more responsive to the caller.

4. Flexibility: A good call center software ought to contain customizable features and flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of the company.

5.Monitoring Capability: A good call center software ought to let the supervisors to monitor the day-to-day transactions that transpire in the midst of call center agents and the callers. Additionally, it ought to also bestow administrators access to the phone conversations so that they can supervise and improve the performance quality of the agents.

6.Cost-Friendly: Program costs still remain the deciding factor for a call center software. It ought to come at a competitive price. You can be sure that a call center software that meets all the above criteria is a good buy for your company.

Key Benefits

1. Decreased Employee Cost: In terms of lowering down the cost of labor, hiring call centers will eliminate the need to proffer benefits and annual salary increases associated with hiring full-time employees. This can be a big thing, particularly for small businesses that often operate on shoestrings with owners getting little to nothing during lean business intervals.

2. Customer Assistance: Although answering services is indeed a part of the working of the business world, still there are firms that may need some additional assistance. These are the firms that definitely will benefit from call centers that proffer customer assistance, process credit offers and purchases, do follow-up checks and even proffer dispatch services relevant for emergency needs of the customer.

3. Outbound Calls: Also, there are call centers that proffer outbound calls. These companies hire agents to do things as verify withy customers, whether or not they were satisfied with the services or products they ordered. Some even make cold calls, conduct outreach for lining up clients and handle surveys.

Conclusion

DANEVO is an Integrator of Telecom and Security Systems providing products and high quality services to its customers. Having over 20 years of experience, DANEVO has own offices or through selected representatives who are always updated, constantly. Contact DANEVO at for further information.