Chapter 11 -Welcoming the Dawn

*Mare POV*

Evangeline was debriefed by the Colonel on what she knew about the Silvers. She wasn't able to tell him much but she was able to tell him what side, what weapons and planning methods her Father favoured. We now knew his weaknesses. 

I got a runner unknown to the Silvers to go and get some Silver and Blue hair dye for Evangeline. It now sat next to me in the infirmary. Evangeline was on a chair in front of me, her hair lying on top of a towel. Her hair was already quite silvery but she wanted it to be pure silver. 

I was watching from another seat, Gisa was actually dyeing her hair. I didn't trust myself to and Gisa was much better at this sort of thing. Before the silver dye was applied Evangeline took a pair of scissors to her hair. "Father never let me cut it." Her hair now sat at her shoulders and I could tell she took great pleasure in it. She was cutting off all the chains of her past life.

A few hours later it was done. Evangeline Samos now had silver hair with blue ends and she looked dead good. The memories of what she'd left behind crashed in at once. I could tell she was thinking of her brother and Elane. Her jaw set as she remebered why she left.

Another broadcast went out that night. Evangeline starred in it showing how even Silvers were joining us. And Evangeline was an extremely powerful Silver. Her new hair made her eyes seem particularly piercing. At the end of it, she included an extra message for father. 

"So Father I think this is the time for you to listen to me. I don't want to be a Queen. I have listened to everything you have told me since I was born. Everything. And I followed it. And you still want more. Threatening to destroy the Scarlet Guard was the final straw. I hope all of you Silvers are now listening. If you lay one finger on Mare or Althea, I will fill your body with so much metal you die. Touch my goddaughter, and I will not be responsible for my actions. You have been warned."

She calmly hit the power button killing the screens afterwards. Whilst she was making that speech, I saw another side of Evangeline. Similar to her old self except she was speaking with a razor-sharp voice. I reckon that when the Silvers hear that, they will quake in their shoes. 

And so they should.

*Evangeline POV*

This Scarlet Guard is very very well run. No wonder they are such a pain for Maven and my Father. I smiled at this. Myself and the others aren't found unless we want to be. Like Farley was the other day. 

The blonde-haired general still scares me sometimes. Especially when she carried out her last plan. The foolishness and recklessness of it made me debate how mentally sane she was. She wanted to "collect information" on the Silvers by going into the Rift. Surprisingly, no-one else went with her. 

She made it back alive. Barely. It seemed she had been recognised whilst escaping. She did have some useful information though. Like whispers of a possible alliance between the Rift and Maven. Farley looked to my opinion on that. I laughed at the irony.  I explained to Farley how Silvers only make alliances to get rid of someone and the minute they are ended, they turn on each other. And my father and Maven will certainly do that.

When I spoke in today's broadcast, the added message at the end was truly me. I was sick of being threatened, pushed around and I was tired of fearing my father. So I threatened to kill a lot of people. Silver in the head, Silver in the heart. 

You've taught me a lot haven't you father? Now watch as it is used against you.

This world will burn and I will be on the victorious side.