Goodbye,California

~Next morning~

       "Anayah! Anayah!" 

       I hear a very distant voice calling my name.

        I jolt up with a scream.

         I look around in a panic and realize I'm in my sisters arms. I had yet another nightmare.

          I sit in her arms sobbing. I hated these nightmares. I had them every night for the past week. Since I found out we would be moving.

      My sister looks down at me.

        "You ok"? She asks softly.

         I rub my eyes. "Yeah fine" I say as I get up to brush my teeth and shower. Today is going to be a long day.

          I walk downstairs to see my sister cooking breakfast.

           "Smells good" I say as she turns around and smiles.

           "Yup your favorite" she says chuckling.

             I eat breakfast and look a round the house. Theres only a few more boxes we need to load into the U-Haul and we're gone. I sigh as I start lifting boxes up to load the truck.

     ~Hours later~

      "Alright,ready now?" My sister says for the 10th time as I walk around the house for the 10th time. "Yeah" I breathe as I'm walking out. We both look back at the same time as a tear falls down our faces.

     "Damn who knew
      All the planes we flew
      Good things we been through
       That ill be standin right here
        Talking to you
          About another path
            I know we'd love to hit the road and laugh
             But something told me that it wouldn't last"

I sing at the top of my lungs as "See You Again" Plays in the car. I finally stop singing and look out the window.

The memories of the last few days replay in my head as I feel multiple tears run down my face as I  squeez my eyes shut trying to stop them from falling but to no avail as more and more tears run down my face until the sadness finally overcomes me. And I fall into a deep, sad sleep.