Prologue

"You're not thinking straight!" Bradley roared at me with his face inches from mine.

Participating in the screaming match, I shot back, "I know what I saw!"

"You're just imagining things, it's all in your head!" He bellowed before grabbing my arm and pulling- more like dragging me down the stairs with him...

"What the hell! What are you doing?" I grunted and tried to release myself from his deathly grip. "Stop it, you're hurting me!"

"I'm taking you to the mental hospital, like I should've done a long time ago! The higher dose Doctor Brannigan recommended is just making you more crazy!" Just as Bradley was about to yank me out of the house from the garage door, the sound of loud footsteps echoed.

It was loud enough to cause the entire house to shake. I knew that the sound came from upstairs in the attic. Just to my luck, it was loud enough for him to freeze off guard. He loosened his grip just enough for me to pull away and run from him like my life depended on it.

"Dammit, you got lucky! When I find out who's up there and kill 'em, we're leaving," He stomped to our bedroom and yanked the nightstand drawer on his side of the bed open. Still angrily talking profanities to himself, he pulled his hand-gun out from the drawer. Bradley marched towards the folding stairs, shaking with rage as he slowly opened the stairs to the attic. "Who's up there?"

With no answer, he went up the stairs gradually, each stair creaked with every step he took. When he reached to the top of the stairs, he tried to pull the string to the lights, but cursed to himself when he realized the lights didn't work. He pointed his pistol in the darkness before uttering, "Can't see a damned thing-"

The folding stairs slammed shut with a strong force behind him. He was locked inside the attic with no way to escape other than jumping out of the window from a deathly two-story drop.

A devilish smirk tugged at my lips when his attitude switched quickly from angry to scared. A low growling sound echoed throughout the house. The sound of the gunshot boomed and the growls turned into snarls.

"Holy sh- Vanessa, get me down now!" Bradley demanded, fear coating his voice.

A smirk plastered on my face as I quickly caught on the fact he lost his tough-guy demeanor. "You pissed her off..." I warned.

"Who's 'her'? Get me down!"

Now that I've gotten your attention, let me take you back and tell you how this fiasco started...