Chapter Fourteen: Google Maps Has Everything

"Well folks, you'll soon see a baked apple."
   -George Apple, last words before execution by electrocution.

"How did you manage to get my truck stuck in the only patch of mud around?" Jonathan asks me.

"Better yet, how did you get us lost when the school was literally five miles from where you picked me up." Flynn snarkily asks me.

"For one, it's what you get for letting me drive, for two... I don't got a two I just kinda went with the list thing that I had started." I answer with a smirk.

"Do not fear, I have Google Maps." Johnathan reassures us causing me and Flynn to roll our eyes at each other.

"Wait, is this where you live?" Johnathan suddenly asks Flynn.

"Oh my gosh it is!" I exclaim, Flynn looks over our shoulders and makes a face.

"How did you..."

"Google Maps has everything." Johnathan cuts Flynn off.

"It does not have everything." I tell Jonathan.

"It has like everything, and I mean everything." Jonathan retorts. "You agree with me, right Flynn."

"No comment, but first period just ended..." Flynn states flatly.

"Now what?" I ask Jonathan, ignoring Flynn.

"I guess we walk..." Comes his answer.

****two minutes later****

"I can not take one more step!" I cry falling to my knees.

"Seneca, I hate to break it to you but you've literally taken five steps..." Flynn dead pans from in front of me.

"If your so superior then give me a piggy back ride." I tell him with a smirk.

"I'm goo--"

"It's not optional." I quickly interrupt Flynn as I jump onto his back. "Giddy up!" I yell at him squeezing his sides with my legs.

"Jesus, do I look like a horse?" Flynn asks weezing. "Actually...  Don't answer that." Flynn says causing me to laugh at him before catching myself, remembering that I'm supposed to be mad at him.

Flynn smirks up at me before dropping me in the dirt.

"Ow..." My voice carries off as I catch sight of the school.

****

"Ms. Logan, you're late." The new math teacher, also know as my biological dad, states.

"Mandalla." I whisper.

"Excuse me? Speak up when addressing me please." He tells me, much like a parent criticizing their child.

"I said Mandalla, my last name is Mandalla." I tell him bolder this time.

"Yes and I'm Johnathan, can we continue on with our lives now?" My endearing brother interrupts us clearly foreseeing where this conversation was heading. Johnathan pushes me to an empty seat.

As I sit down I notice a certain exotic friend next to me. I look away before having a double take.

"Oh my gosh, you're here. Oh my gosh. Leehya. You're back, you're back, you're back!" I yell jumping up to hug her.

"Oh m--"

"Leehya! Seneca! Sit down, I'm trying to teach a class." My father interrupts us ballently. "You're worse then Annalee." He mutters to himself obviously suggesting that I got my personality from my mum, Annalee (An-ally).

****

"Seneca, hey Seneca! Wait up. Can I talk to you for a second?" My father yells after me as I go to leave the school with the rest of the students, eager to get home.

"Hey, I was wondering if you'd come over for dinner. Your sister is coming to visit." He tells me causing my brows to furrow, my sister?

"My sister?" I ask voicing my confusion.

"Yeah, you remember Avery don't you? Her and your grandmother are coming over to visit." He tells me.

"Grandma June?" I ask, after all the stories I had heard about her, was I finally going to meet her?

"No,  your grandma Logan, according to her your grandma June is 'a horrible mother and an unfit grandmother.'" My father says with a roll of his eyes. "So I'll see you there? Great! I'll have Johny pick you up at around five-ish." My father tells me leaving​ no time for arguments as he walks away hurriedly. "Oh and Seneca? I've already talked to your," he looks around making sure no one is listening before hurrying back to me and whispering in my ear, "soulmate and I invited him so..." My father, the ruin-er of my life, speeds away leaving me gobsmacked in the middle of the floor.

"Wear something nice!" He yells as he turns a corner and disappears from sight.