The Past and the Present Muslim Women in their Matrimonial Homes....

INTRODUCTION

In the Name of Allah with whose Name nothing is harmed on the earth nor in the heavens and He is The All-Seeing, The All-Knowing. All praises due to Allah as it should be due to His Might and the Greatness of His Power. O Allah the Knower of the unseen and the seen creator of heavens and earth Lord and Sovereign of all things. I bear witness that none has the right to be worship except Allah and He is over all things Omnipotent.....

O Allah I ask you for the good of this day and the good of what follows it and I seek refuge from the evil of this day and the evil of what follows it. I seek refuge from the evil of my soul and from the evil and shrik of the devil and from committing wrong against my soul or bringing such upon another Muslim.

My subject concerns a very significant aspect of social life of the Muslim woman, that is why I would like to present a meta-physical gift to all Muslim women. A gift as we all know is an expression of love, care and adoration. Therefore, I would like to talk about the issue of marital life in Islam which is an issue that many young men and women are concerned about. I pray that the Almighty Allah (subhanahu wata’ala) makes this endeavor a means to bring in peace, happiness and joy to Muslim women in their matrimonial homes in this world. Allah assumes the responsibility for that and He is also capable of making that a reality.

PREFACE

The major factor that triggered me to speak on this issue is due to the below enumerated rife of marital obstacles;

Today’s frequent marital scandals that result to divorce or broken homes

“Care free” attitude of the modern Muslim women towards their marital relationship and how they used to shun their marital obligations in their respective homes.

I have then strived and thought of a possible and plausible solution for the above-mentioned hindrance to a happy marriage life and came up with a book titled “The Past and the Present Muslim Women in their Matrimonial Homes”. This book contains detail insight on the importance of marriage in islam, it unfolds how some of the past Muslim women (mothers of the believers and the sahabiyats) lived in their matrimonial homes according to the Quran and Sunnah which is contrary to the way the Modern Muslim women are living now.

In addition, I hope this book will serve as a “wakeup call” for both the married and unmarried Muslimah, and as a reminder for those who are aware of the subject matter but fail to comply. I pray to Allah to bless this book and make it useful to those who read it. I also hope that it will be of a great help in overcoming so many problems of the Muslim women daily life especially those that concern their matrimonial homes. Women, especially a ignorant of how to handle their husband and have the propensity into recoursing to going to the witches, soothsayers and fortuneteller for solution to their problems which at long last led them into committing vicious act that lead them astray in this world and in the next.

I will also like to advise the Muslim women to struggle and trail all the admonish in this book so that they can thrive in this world and in the afterlife. Lastly I shall use this chance to call upon all knowledgeable Muslims to delve the various ways of circulating cognizance or awareness thereby assisting the religion of Islam. I seek for Allah’s forgiveness for all my errors and maybe He bless and accept this small work from me and let it be for his sake alone Ameen.

MARRIAGE IN ISLAM

In Islam, marriage is a blessed contract between a man and a woman in which they become close to each other and begin the long trip of marital life in spirit of comfort, love, co-operation, harmony and tolerance whereby they both feel ease and find tranquility and contentment of each other. The Quran stated this relationship between men and women in the most moving eloquent terms.