Chapter 1

I woke up quite late this morning. Taking a quick glance at a clock I realized it was almost noon. I didn't really wanna get up yet, so I've looked for my phone and decided to check up on things. The minute I unlocked the screen, I've noticed I had 3 missed calls from Monica. Nothing unusual, too be honest. We've known eachother since we were little kids, and up this day we were able to talk for hours. Funny though, as I've never been a huge fan of phone calls, but it's different with her. I dialed her number and called her back, trying to figure out what she wanted from me earlier.

"Mila, I have some great news!" I didn't even get the chance to properly say "hi" when I heard her voice, full of excitement.

"Girl, calm down, I just woke up" I explained.

"I don't care, get up quickly, we need to meet up" she ordered.

"Care to share first what's all this hype about? Don't know if it's worth me getting up" I joked.

"Don't get on my nerves, you're gonna thank me later for this! I assume you're aware of what I do for a living?" she asked, sounding a bit too proud of herself.

"How could I forget, Mrs Head-Hunter" I chuckled. She worked as a talent coordinator in one of those big agencies. Not gonna lie, sometimes I wished I had a job like that. She was travelling a lot, meeting all these famous and not-so-famous-yet people, not to mention they were paying her really good money.

"Piss off! Remember when I was telling you my boss has something good for me? Well, I didn't expect it to be that good, I think I was underestimating that woman a lot! Basically, I'm going on tour with William Singe!"

"No way!" I gasped. "Monica, I'm so happy for you! Kinda jealous too, that's actually someone I recognize this time" I giggled.

"I know, right? I already had a meeting with him and the crew and I can't wait, they all seem so cool! But more important, I'm taking you with me!" she announced.

"What? But how?" I tried not to sound too shocked.

"Well, considering that it's the biggest thing I got so far, I asked my boss if I could take someone with me to help make this all work. She didn't mind at all, so I kinda mentioned you and we're both in. Not only we're gonna have time of our lives, but we're getting paid for it too!" She sounded very excited about the whole thing, but can someone blame her?

"Now you got me surprised" I managed to get out. "I mean, obviously it's a huge opportunity and I'm so thankful that you thought about me, I'm just not sure if I'm ready for something like that..."

"What are you talking about Mila? It's not like you have something better to do with your life" she replied.

"Jeez, thanks, way to encourage me" I mumbled. I quit my job couple months ago and since then I didn't really manage to find anything interesting. I was living off the savings, so I still had some time to find a new job, but obviously the money's not gonna be there forever. The thing is I got quite lost somewhere there. I wasn't really sure what I wanted from life, what I want to do for a living... And being 26 wasn't really helping; everyday I've been watching some of my friends getting married, having kids, being successful with their jobs and lives. And here I was having no job at the moment, still being single, feeling kinda pathetic about my life. I knew I had to do something about it, but it was just so difficult to take that first step. Maybe Monica's offer was my first step then?

"Hey, I'm just being honest. And don't tell me you need some time to think about it, because I know you. You're gonna overthink it and tell me you really appreciate the chance I'm giving you, but you can't take it blah blah blah. I don't wanna hear any of it and I'm not taking a no as an answer, so you better start packing!" Couldn't really blame her, I knew she wanted what's best for me. Other than her being painfully honest - which wasn't a bad thing if you're asking me - I loved how caring she was; you could've came to her any time and she was always willing to listen and help, often forgetting about her own needs. Obviously she had a tendency to get annoying quite a lot but hey, nobody's perfect.

I sighed. "Alright, where should we meet?"

"Knew you're gonna be up for it!" Monica said, very proud of herself. "We need to go shopping, how about the mall, 4 pm?"

"Sounds good to me,see ya there girl!" I answered quickly and hang up. What a way to start a day.And it looked like there's so much more to come. The whole thing still couldn'tget to me. Me and Monica, on a tour with such a great people? I hope she wasright about having the time of our lives. Not wanting to contemplate it toomuch, I got up from my bed and went to the bathroom, genuinely excited aboutthe rest of the day.