|Ch 22| The Mafia's Queen

Hope. Less

Estephano's arm tightly wraps around Stephanie's waist pulling her to his chest catching her from the push she had just received from her father, who had taken the bullet meant to take away her breath for all of eternity. 

Her father had saved her life taking the bullet in the shoulder very close to a vein. 

Death stood watching pleased with the sight of blood and the sound of Stephanie's screams were like music to the master's ears. 

Stephanie who was a thrashing mess watches as her father chokes on his own blood and past memories from many moons back come to haunt her innocent mind like a plague.

 "Papa!' She sobs pushing away Estephano and placing pressure onto her fathers oozing wound and her salty tears falling onto her father's cheeks just like her tears had done when hovering over her mother's body for the last time.

Unable to hold back she begins to rock her father with fat tears of despair falling from her eyes and she pays no mind to the yelling and fighting between the officers and Leonardo off in the background. 

 Estephano watches with soft eyes but shuffles out of his daze when loud sobs continue to come from her.

 He quickly goes to help Stephanie by taking off his dress shirt, succesfully exposing his chest but he could care less as right now he needs to make sure the man Stephanie cared for and who was the last family she had in the world would not die in her arms and despite the fear she felt for her father a few moments ago he knew she still cared for him because at the end of the day he was her father and he loved her just as she would always love him.

Eduardo just like her mother had saved her life and Stephanie was not going to lose another person she loved especially when it was to protect her. The past could not repeat itself it just couldn't.

 If she losses her father it would destroy her and Estephano knew this so as he helped Stephanie stop the bleeding from Eduardo's left side he cared of nothing more but to make sure the man that had a gun pointed at him earlier would live to see tomorrow. 

Estephano was in total concentration and on a mission only for his father to harshly pull him by the shoulder, stopping any attempts of helping a bleeding Eduardo who was being crowded by police officers who knew of not what to do while they waited for the medics to arrive. 

Growling in frustration Estephano looks from Eduardo's wide eyes that were looking at Stephanie with love only for the same soft caring eyes of a father to land on Estephano with a harsh glare. 

Unable to stand the look of hatred on Eduardo, Estephano grows furious and glares at his own father who he could not look at as it was his fault he could have lost his queen and any respect he could have potentially gotten from Eduardo. 

"What!" Estephano roars now noticing his fathers men that were having a gun stare down with the officers in the room.

"Lets go!" Leonardo shouts in a warning telling his son that if he did not listen he would drag him by the hair all the way out.

But Estephano was not having any of his father's unsaid threats. He would not leave Stephanie, he would not abandon her. He promised himself he would not leave this office without knowing he would for sure see her the next day.