Chapter 8

Let's just say Alan's mom's name is Janett... I don't know her real name... Anyway sorry it took so long for me to post this I've been extremely busy all week but lucky for you this is extremely long.

Alan's POV:

Considering I didn't know my way around the area that well I depended completely on Austin to get me to the hospital to see my mom. My mom... why the fuck do these things always seem to happen to me. My dad leaves me at age 9, By 16 I'm bullied relentlessly at my school so much that I had to leave, and now this. My mom got in a fucking car crash. I don't even know if she is alive right now. This is the scariest shit I have ever been through.

The entire car ride I was staring out my window with an emotionless expression on my face. I felt the need to let it out and cry, but at the same time I knew I couldn't for some reason. Austin was holding my hand and rubbing his thumb over my own. I looked at him and gave him a small smile to show him I was glad he was with me. Austin kept asking me if I was okay, every time he asked I just nodded. I felt like I couldn't speak, I couldn't even make a sound. 

We pulled into the parking lot of the hospital and I jumped out before Austin even stopped the car. I ran into the lobby up to the front desk slightly out of breath. "Where.... is Janett Ashby.... I need to see her now." The lady at the desk gave me a sympathetic look and sighed. "Room 341, please be quiet and considerate of the other patients in the area." I ran as fast as I could to get to my mom's room, the problem was I couldn't find it. I ran through the halls frantically looking around for my mom. Finally after what felt like forever I found her room and I quietly opened the door.  "Mom?" I said quietly, I walked over and sat in the chair next to her bed. She was asleep, there was a bandage around her head and an IV in her arm. I noticed some bruises along her arms and neck also. The sight of her like this made me want to scream. I'm used to her being happy and outgoing, not like this. I took her hand in my own and lightly squeezed it while closing my eyes. I sat like this for a few minutes, fighting off the urge to cry and trying to be strong enough for the both of us.

"Alan" someone said behind me. It was Austin he, just stood in the doorway unsure of what to do. I nodded and motioned for him to come closer. Austin knelled next to me, taking my hand in his and pulling it up to kiss it. I let go of my mother's hand gently and stood up, pulling Austin into a hug and burying my face into his shoulder. "I-I can't stand seeing her like this Austin... I really can't" I said choking. Austin just held me tighter and stroked the back of my head trying to calm me down. "Everything will be fine Alan I promise." Austin said reassuringly. I just sniffled and nodded, leaning my head on his shoulder. 

Austin's POV:

Alan was a mess and it hurt me so much to see him like that. I just sat next to him and held his hand for hours. Alan didn't speak, I didn't speak, we just sat there. I decided that I would go downstairs and get some food for us considering it was pretty late. When I walked through the door I saw Alan sitting on the edge of the hospital bed talking to his mom. I felt my heart break, this reminded me of myself by my mother's side when she was in the hospital. I would talk to her, sing to her, tell her jokes. Just like that when I thought she was getting better, she was gone. I was devastated, my dad was devastated, but we had each other. This made me realize that besides his mom, I was the only person Alan had. This only made my feeling of having to protect Alan grow. No one will ever hurt him, not as long as I'm here.

I walked over to Alan and put my hand on his shoulder. He looked up at me and smiled, pulling my face down and kissing me sweetly. It amazes me how Alan could be in a situation like this and still be able to smile. While we were kissing, I heard someone clear their throat to get our attention. Alan's mom was looking up at us smirking. "I would appreciate it if you two didn't have a make out session right in front of me if that's okay."  Alan gasped and jumped up and down in the air. "MOM OH MY GOD MOM" Tears filled his eyes and the next thing you know Alan's crying and hugging me. I smiled and hugged him back, happy to see him happy. Alan pulled away and knelled down next to his mom's bed a huge grin on his face. "Mom I was so scared I thought I lost you and I thought you were seriously hurt, but you're not you're okay you're fine. Alan's mom was smiling and nodding her head. "Honey I'll always be here for you don't you worry." Alan hugged his mom gently being careful not to hurt her. I just smiled and watched from behind them. Alan's mom looked at me and her smile got bigger. "Alan do you think I can talk to Austin for a second please" Janett said. I got nervous about what she could possibly want to tell me alone.