Chapter -6: CIGARETTE

"None of your business." , I growled before putting my hood back on.

I moved away from him and started kneading the flour vigorously.

Why isn't it solidifying?

"Dina.." , Drew said.
"What?"
"You forgot to add water."

I silently filled a cup with water and emptied it into the bowl before I started kneading it.

Drew did not move. He stood in the same place watching me.

"What do you want?" , I asked, stupidly pushing back my hood.
"Are you going to tell me or not?"
"I already told you it is none of your business. ", I snapped.

I looked at him with a scowl on my face.
He did not smile or laugh. He stared at my face. Not in a creepy kind of way. It looked as if he was studying my face, trying to understand something.

"I'm out. You finish the pizza. I'll go take orders." , I lied before heading to the restaurant, grabbing a cigarette and my lighter from my bag and heading out.

I stood outside the restaurant for a while, smoking the cigar.

"Excuse me, Miss; you cannot smoke here." , I heard a voice.

I turned around to see a guy who looked like a cop standing behind me.

I quickly nodded and crushed the cigarette using my shoe.

He sighed.
"I'll have to fine you for that." , he said.
"Fine me?! I'm broke!" , I cried.
"Sorry. I cannot help it. Rules are rules."
"Well it's not written down anywhere!"

The cop pointed behind me. There was a 'no smoking' poster behind me.

I rolled my eyes.

"How much?" , I asked.
He handed me a ticket.
My eyes bulged out seeing the amount.

"Fifty freaking dollars?!" , I yelled, which got me some weird glances from passers by.

The cop nodded and waited.

I went inside and checked my purse.
I literally had no money. I had used up everything for paying the electricity bill.

I sighed and went outside.
I didn't see the cop anywhere.
"You see officer, I have no money at al- Wait. Officer? You here?", I asked, confused. He was not here.
"Don't worry. I got it.", Drew said from behind me.

I jumped around to face him. He grinned at me.

"I don't need you to pay my fines for me. What next? Will you start paying my bills too? I can take care of myself. And yes, don't ever think you can win me over by doing such stuff." ,I yelled.

"Well if you think by helping you I'm trying to get close to you, then I can't help it! I just wanted to help you and you shout at me for everything!", Drew exclaimed.

His face became flushed when he was angry.

That's kinda cute..wait what?

I shook my head and put my hood back on before leaving him to stand there alone and heading back to the kitchen.

Just as I had asked Drew, he had completed making the pizza. I grabbed it and served it to one of the tables.

I looked at the clock and realized that there were only twenty minutes for my shift to end.

I sighed in relief and again went to the kitchen.

No more orders came so I decided to sit on the counter and relax for a while.

"Look I'm sorry, ok? I just wanted to help you and if you feel that bad with me helping you then I won't. But I can't help it.", Drew's voice said from the doorway.

I sighed.
"Whatever.",I mumbled before getting off the counter and leaving for my house a good ten minutes early before my shift ended.
---×---

School seemed to drag on forever.
It was just the first period and I was already tired.

"Is my makeup alright?", a blonde sitting in the front row asked.
"Omg! Its goals! How is my hair? Is it looking fine?", a brunnete beside her chirped.

Just before Drew entered, all the girls started setting their dresses and hair.

I rolled my eyes.

Just as I was about to doze off, I heard a voice next to me.
"So...umm...I heard you and Drew are working together...", a girl asked me.
She was probably from the cliché popular group judging from her clothes.

And let me tell you, nothing gets on my nerves more than these airheads.
Yeah. And Drew too.

I rolled my eyes at her.
"Yeah. So?", I asked.
"Do..you...possibly h-have his number?", she asked.

"Ok listen to me. You need to stop being so desperate. He'll give you his number if he likes you and trust me, I would probably have deleted his number from my phone and burnt my phone if his number were in my contacts. So please. Leave me alone. Next time, I won't ask so politely.", I said.

She gulped and scurried back to her friends.

Gosh how do these people walk in those heels? I would probably use two ankle braces and still break my ankle.

"Whatever.", I huffed to myself.
I folded my hands on the bench and buried my face between my hands.

"Do you ever study when you come to class?", Drew's annoying voice asked from beside me.

Oh God. Not now.

"Fisher can you please go and sit with one of your fans over there? I'm pretty tired so please leave me alone.", I said.

Great. I don't even have my hoodie to hide my face from this world. I feel so damn cold too.Sigh.

I put my head back between my arms and tried to rest.

Suddenly, I felt warmth run all over my back. I jerked my head up and saw a hoodie lying on my back. It was blue in colour and smelled amazing. It smelled like a mixture of honey and lemon.

Then I realized whose it was. I looked around the room and found Drew sitting on one of the benches in the front.

Surprisingly, no one was sitting beside him.

I was partly angry and partly touched by his act of kindness.

Nonetheless, I grabbed the hoodie and went to Drew's bench.

"Here.", I said, handing the hoodie over to him and heading back to my place.

"Wait.", I heard Drew.
I turned around to see him frowning.
"Don't you want it? Aren't you feeling cold. Oh! I forgot! Ok I promise you I was doing it out of hopes of comforting you. Not to get close to you or anything. I just wan-", Drew started.

"Stop ranting, Fisher.", I said before heading back to my face.

A small smile tugged at the edges of my mouth as I made my way back.

Then I froze in my tracks.

Wait...how did he know I was feeling cold?

---×---