preface.

【 MAY 2018 – TBD 】

COPYRIGHT © LUCIDHALOS

━━━━━━━━ ✦₊ · ˚ · ✧ ⊹ ━━━━━━━━

« WELCOME, DEAR READERS »

Thank you for clicking on this book and checking it out. The story will be following the events just a little after Avengers: Age of Ultron (around May 2015) and the Thor franchise, which will be the part that is canon divergent from the MCU timeline. There will also be mentions of Thor: Dark World (around November 2013), because the canon changes begin at the end of that movie. I'm not planning on making this a long book, but we will have to see. It will certainly be very dramatic and action filled one, so, please check the warnings at the bottom before proceeding.

The idea for this book came to me a while back, but I decided I wanted to change up the plot a little bit, more so in the timeline setting. It felt a lot more appropriate to have it set after Age of Ultron, rather than the events of Thor: Dark World (which was where the initial idea was at). The story is inspired by Jane's circumstances in Marvel Now's The Mighty Thor comic, in which she is diagnosed with breast cancer. Thus, why it is one of the warnings mentioned at the bottom (and also in the story's description). While this all sounds like a weak ploy, I in fact, want to bring in the strength she carries in that comic into this book, so expect some strong and badass female characters (the good and bad kind) in this book. I'm giving the ladies of this fanfic a chance to shine, since that is the one thing Marvel has always sucked at accomplishing.

While the story is inspired by Jane, it is still a Darcy/Loki fanfic (since I can't help myself). However, there will be heavier involvements of Jane/Thor than my other work, because they both play a pivotal role in the overall story and the events that will be unfolding.

I'm planning on incorporating, like I usually do, the comic book lore and the Norse myths—so, expect some minor alterations made here and there, even though I will try to remain as steadfast to canon as possible. To summarize: If you want badass ladies and justice for underused and under appreciated characters, than you have come to the right place. Hope you enjoy what is to come!

━━━━ ✦₊ · ˚ · ✧ ⊹ ━━━━

« PARTIALLY AU — CANON DIVERGENCE »

Set after the events of Avengers: Age of Ultron.

━━━━━━━━ ✦₊ · ˚ · ✧ ⊹ ━━━━━━━━

⚠ WARNING(S): There will be swearing, scenes of violence, blood, political corruption(!), death, some adult themes, sexism, sexual assault, talks of morality, mentions of cancer, and some butchering of Norse mythology — as I attempt to weave that, the comics, and cinematic verse altogether.

━━━━ ✦₊ · ˚ · ✧ ⊹ ━━━━