six

Ahhhhh! Has it really been that long since I updated? I am so sorry! Please forgive me. I would like to explain that I spend much more time reading than writing on Wattpad, although I write sometimes. I get writer's block way more than usual, and to top it all off, these chapters are usually really long, longer than a typical one. Thank you so much for sticking with this story even though the updates are really slow. (And I mean really slow.)

-~-
Wednesday
-~-

"Marinette, Marinette wake up!" Tikki whisper-shouted in her adorable voice while gently shaking Marinette as best as her tiny Kwami body could muster. Marinette groaned, rolling over to the side before finally giving in and sitting up.

"Wha—what time is it..." she asked groggily as she rubbed her eyes.

"It's late enough! You're gonna be late if you don't hurry!" Tikki reprimanded her. Marinette looked at her battery-operated clock and shrieked at the time.

"Gonna be late, gonna be lateee—!" she mumbled to herself as she rushed to change into her regular clothes. She grabbed them and then ran down the stairs and into the bathroom to change out of her pajamas and clean up a little. She grabbed her backpack and hoisted it onto her shoulders before kissing her mom on the cheek as a goodbye before running out the door to hurry to school. Sabine sighed, shaking her head at her daughter's tendency to be late before smiling and walking back inside to help her husband with the baking.

-~-

"And that's why we don't—" Mme. Bustier was interrupted as Marinette burst through the door before scrambling up to her seat.

"I'm so sorry I'm late! I had to, uh, help my parents with some baking! Yeah!" Marinette provided an excuse with her flawless lying skills.

Mme. Bustier let out a sigh. "Marinette, do try to be on time tomorrow. I am getting a bit tired of you being late every single morning, and disrupting the class."

Marinette lowered her head. "I apologize. I'll try to be on time tomorrow." Mme. Bustier smiled at her, satisfied with her response, before carrying on with the lesson.

Around halfway to lunch, Marinette was startled out of her daydreaming by Alya.

"Psst. Marinette, wake up," Alya hissed quietly to her, knowing her best friend was off in la-la land and missing information they needed to know for the upcoming test.

"W—wha?" Marinette shook herself back into the real world, knowing that this information was important.

"—and that's how you undo a multiplication problem including a variable. Now, in order to undo a math problem with coefficients, you have to use the exact same process." Mme. Bustier explained.

Marinette groaned quietly, glaring at the clock. She silently begged the clock to magically speed up time, but of course, it did no such thing. She was going to have to actually... listen to the lesson. *gasp*

-~-

After about an hour and a half of listening to their teacher drone on and on about things they needed to know for the test that was going to be handed out in the near future, the lunch bell rang throughout the school, announcing that it was time for lunch.