Part Two

She stood gaping at him. "Malfoy, what did you just call me?" she whispered. He didn't answer. Instead he took her gently by the hand and pulled her through the gardens. Stumbling slightly, she followed after him in complete confusion, wondering where the hell he could be taking her. Then something occurred to her; "Malfoy, the castle's the other way...."

"Yes Granger, I do have a pretty good sense of direction."

"So, where the blood- ". He stopped, and she narrowly avoided crashing into the back of him. He turned to look at her.

"Close your eyes."

She rolled her eyes, but did as he asked. He continued walking, albeit more carefully. She felt tree branches and heard running water. "Is he taking me into the Forbidden Forest?" she asked herself. Then he stopped and told her to wait. She heard him walking away from her, and nervously called out:

"Malfoy?"

She heard a low chuckle from in front of her, and him say "Alright Granger, open them."

She opened her eyes, ready to berate him for scaring her, but froze. Directly in front of her was a gazebo, covered in fairy lights and stood with his hand outstretched towards her in the entrance was Malfoy. Slowly, she walked towards him, confused. She reached the entrance, and stood contemplating taking his hand, feeling like an idiot. As if he sensed her apprehension, he grabbed her hand, pulled her to him and muttered "No-one is going to see you here Granger. Just let go." When she didn't give a response, he whispered into her ear "please Hermione."

Slowly, she nodded, and allowed him to lead her under the lights. When they reached the centre, he turned and bowed towards her. Unsurely, she dropped into a small curtsey, and heard the gentle strains of music echo through the woods. He placed one of his hands on the small of her back and took one of hers in his other. She tentatively placed her free hand on his shoulder. Slowly, and without any true fear, they moved together in time with the beat of her heart. As they continued to dance in the rain, under the sparkling lights, she relaxed, and rested her head on his shoulder, surprising them both.

After what seemed like an eternity, the music gave a final push, and died away. They, however, didn't pull away immediately, standing wrapped gently around one another. Finally, she looked up to see him looking at her with pools of molten silver. He smiled slightly and looked away. Abandoning all the reason and logic which governed her world, she stretched up and pressed a kiss to his cheek. He snapped his head around to look at her. She flushed red, and gently pulled herself away. She turned away and hurried out into the rain. She paused at the entrance of the forest, glancing back at the otherworldly sight of Draco Malfoy, sheltered by a net of fairy lights, touching his cheek and looking out after her. Embarrassed, she raced into the woods, grateful for shelter from both the rain and the piecing stare of Malfoy.

She didn't stop running until she reached the entrance of the Great Hall. Only then did she stop, turn back to the woods, and murmur:

"Thank you. For one of the best nights I've ever had"

Unaware of the four sets of eyes and ears which had watched and heard her confession, she turned and went back to the Ball.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

A/N. I know, im not particulary good at writing dance scenes, or writing suspense. Oh well.

Review and let me know your thoughts!