Change

Most say that they can change their "stars", their lives, and they are able to move on from things they've lost, but when you look at those who don't believe that they can change anything other than the clothes they wear, you see the ones who struggle with confidence. I'm not talking about confidence in others, I'm talking about having the confidence in themselves. What if I tell you, those who think that they can't change their "stars", that I'm just like you. I am a person who says that they're okay to all who ask, but really on the inside I am nothing but a scared little girl that is always picking up the pieces of a broken soul that is breaking faster than I can pick up the pieces. There are those who say that I am worth something to someone, but in all reality, I don't believe it deep down. Why don't I believe that I'm worth something, and yet turn around and help others get through something similar to what I'm going through. How can one help someone be happy with who they are when the person giving the advice can't even do for herself what she is doing for others? Why can't she listen to the advice she gives to the ones around her when they have a rough spell?

Well maybe it's because she's afraid of failure and rejection.

She helps people get though things, but never gives two shits about what happens to her. She'd rather save everyone else from their demons then fend off her own. She's so busy helping those around her that she neglects herself and what she deep down knows she wants but doesn't know how to give, to herself.

Maybe if she looked deep enough, she could begin to get better at controlling the things that scare her, the things that she never thought she could do. But, the thing is she has to be willing to accept the help of others while slowly rebuilding the brokenness of herself over many years. What if I said that a person could eventually do so with a lot of time and effort trying to fix what their negativity had broken.

There is a way, and there always has been, whether you dig deep enough for it to work and let you change that's what's stopping most of us who suffer from our own negativity. I know I am still working on it, but maybe someday I can regain what I've lost as well as forgive and forget the things that used to hold me back and scare me. It's time for me to stand against my negativity. What about you? Will you fight against it, and help others to do so too? It's time for me to love who I am no matter what I say to myself when bad things happen around me. I need to be confident in what I do.

It will come one step at a time, with time.