1. Shell Shocked

Hello, fellow Miraculers! My co-conspirator, @bookwriterpoet223 and I have decided to write a Ninya story, complete with their alteregos of Rena Rouge and Jade Turtle! Credit for the art above goes to turning-the-tides on  Tumblr.  Sorry for the hiatus on my other stories, but don't worry, I'm not done with them! Anywho, enjoy the story! No TWs for this chapter! Just lots of fluffy humor! - S.

     It had been a normal day like any other normal day of Nino's life. It had started out with him being rudely woken from his peaceful slumber by his loud and gorgeous girlfriend, Alya, and them riding the bus to campus together. He slept through a lecture on some boring book called the Iliad he had to attend for English Lit. (Why did I sign up for this anyway? )Then he sat down for lunch with his girlfriend and somehow managed to stay awake for the rest of his classes before riding the bus home.

     So, yeah. It had been a normal day like all the rest and he was pretty happy to go home, order some takeout and do a little studying before going to bed. Unfortunately, it would seem Fate decided to end Nino's normal life that night. No, he didn't die, but he did find a strange little mahogany box on his nightstand. He knew it wasn't there earlier, unless maybe Alya left it there. He shrugged and opened it up to look inside.

     A green light blasted brightly out of the little box and consumed the whole room in green. A floating turtle was left when the noisy light show was done. The figurine looked up at Nino and smiled, "Hello."

     Nino flung the box to the ground and raised an arm to cover his eyes from the blinding green flash. He peeked over his arm to see a... A... Floating green turtle? Nino blinked as the little creature said hello, taking in the soft-spoken voice and the little antenna atop its head. He blinked again. Twice. Thrice. Then promptly proceeded to faint to the floor.

     Wayzz flew over and sat gently on his chest, "Um... hello?" He tapped his holder's face, "Hello?"

     A few minutes later Nino regained consciousness, sitting up in a rush and knocking the turtle through the air and under his desk. Nino shook his head, trying to clear. "I must be going crazy. Turtles don't fly, Nino, turtles do not fly!" He said, standing up. "Okay, I'm alright. I'm okay. I'm just gonna go to bed and I'll wake up tomorrow to Alya's early morning wake up call and find this was just a dream. That's right. That's what I'll do." He said, walking towards his bed.

     Then Nino heard a small voice, "Ugh. My shell." The little creature crawled out from under the wooden desk. "Um. Excuse me but you flung me across the room." Wayzz floated up to where Nino was standing there gawking, "I am Wayzz. Are you okay?" He asked calmly and smiled some. As Nino didn't respond Wayzz cocked his head, "Sir?"

     Nino was almost able to convince himself that he had dreamed the whole thing. Almost. But it was pretty hard to believe it when the little turtle floated up in front of him again. In those two seconds Nino learned two things. One, the turtle was named Wayzz. Two, he had a definite ticket to the funny farm if he truly believed that turtle, Wayzz, was real. His mouth opened and blurted out the first thing that came to mind. Which was a short lived scream. He backed up against his desk. "W-What are you?"

     "I am a kwami. A turtle kwami to be exact. I give superheroes superpowers. What is your name?" The kwami stayed where he was, knowing from how this human reacted that he was a surprise. He always was. Rarely did a chosen react in a confident way.

     Nino stared at it for a minute before his brain started working. "I'm Nino." He said, slowly before his brain truly caught up. "Wait, did you say superheroes?"

     "Yes. I did." Wayzz smiled, seeing that they were getting somewhere. "Nice to meet you, Nino."

     Nino nodded. "Uh, yeah, you too. Um. What-Why are you here? I'm pretty sure I didn't invite you." He said with a nervous chuckle.