Kanade Tanaka

Aikatsu Stars!

"Tanaka Kanade, ready to go!" Before a performance in season 1.

"Tanaka Kanade, like a shooting star!" Before a performance in season 2.

Kanade Tanaka (かなで田中)is the main protagonist in the Aikatsu Stars! Another Story. She is a student at four Star Academy, after transferring there from abroad. She is a member of the Flower Song Class, along with Yume and Laura and later, is a member of the 26th and 27th generation of S5. In season 1, her preferred brand varied based on the performance or occasion, but mostly she liked using My Little Heart or Dreamy Crown.

Kanade was originally a Pop-type idol whose preferred brand is Starlight Etoile Lumière (Previously Shining Etoile) which is her self-made brand. She is the childhood friend of Yume Nijino and Koharu Nanakura. She formally attended Venus Ark with Yume as exchange students. In season 2, she changed her idol type several times before deciding on the new type, a Pure-type Idol.

Romaji: Tanaka Kanade

Gender: Female

Age: 13-14 (S1), 14-15 (S2)

Birthday: May 17

Occupation: Student, Idol, Designer, Muse,

Affiliation: Four Star Academy, Yuzunakosho, S5, Venus Ark (formally)

Blood type: AB+

Data Carddass Game: Part 1

First Appearance: A New Beginning

Seiyu: Suzuki Keiko

Singer: Miki Mirai (Season 1-2), Coco Hayashi (Season 2)

Bio

~~~~~~~~~~~

Appearance

Kanade is a young girl with fair skin and jade green eyes. She has bright orange hair with the tips being darker and having some of it tied in pigtails, leaving the rest loose. She often wears her green ribbons. In season 2, she now wears the blue ribbons that Subaru gave her and her hair is shown to be much longer, reaching her waist. As a student and a member of S5, she wears her S5 uniform.

Personality

Kanade is a cheerful, optimistic, kind, and curious girl. She likes to learn new things and gives everything 100% and has a strong will. When determined, she never gives up until the task is done. She loves idols and admires M4 and S4. When she joins S5 with Yume, she more determined to work harder on becoming a top idol. Kanade has demonstrated to be somewhat of a "romantic" person, displaying to be the type to have thoughts on relationships and dreaming of going on dates.

Background

Kanade loved to sing since she was little and adores S4 and M4. She admires Subaru Yuki on his goal and wants to help support him. When Kanade transfers to Four Star Academy from abroad, she reunited with Yume and Koharu. Her parents work worldwide so she has a bit of an independent attitude.

Etymology

Kanade (かなで) - derives from the term "to play a song/tune" or "to play music".

Tanaka (田中) - Can be translated to mean "shelf" and "summer".

Quotes

"One day, Yume and I will be the top stars of idols! Kanade Tanaka! Starting Aikatsu!"
-Intro with Yume

"I'll help you, just like you helped me."
-To Subaru

"We're gonna be the best! Starting our Aikatsu! Kanade Tanaka!"
-Intro in Season 2

Brand

Starlight Etoile Lumière (Previously Shining Etoile)

Relationships:

Yume Nijino

Subaru Yuki

Koharu Nanakura

Laura Sakuraba

Hime Shiratori

Mahiru Kasumi

Asahi Kasumi

Ako Saotome

Yuzu Nikaido

Aria Futaba

Lily Shirogane

Elza Forte

Nozomu Igarashi

Kanata Kira

Emi Hoshino

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trivia

~ She's the first main protagonist to have her singing voice changed between seasons, while still switching between them throughout the second season.

~ Kanade is also the first protagonist to have two ribbons, instead of one. And the first to change them midway through the series.

~ She is the second to have two singing voices, following Sumire Hikami, who had Rie Fujishiro and previously Mono Tomoyama.

~ Her zodiac sign is Taurus.

~ One of her singing voices, Coco Hayashi voices Mirai Momoyama, the main character from an idol themed anime coincidentally, called Kiratto Pri-chan.

~ Kanade's admits that she may have liked Subaru Yuki at first sight, but wanted to get to know him more to confirm her emotions.

~Kanade is the fourth character in the Aikatsu! franchise to have ombre hair, following Sora Kazesawa, Nina Dōjima, Yume Nijino, followed by Yozora Kasumi, Lilie Shirogane, Hana Aisuru, and Aine Yūki.

~ She is the sixth character overall in the Aikatsu! franchise to have dual colored hair, following Sora Kazesawa, Mikuru Natsuki, Rin Kurosawa, Nina Dōjima, Yume Nijino, followed by Tsubasa Kisaragi, Yozora Kasumi, Lilie Shirogane, Elza Forte, Kirara Hanazono, Hana Aisuru and Aine Yūki.

~ Kanade is the fourth Aikatsu! franchise protagonist, following Ichigo Hoshimiya and Akari Ōzora from the original Aikatsu! series, and sharing the protagonist role with Yume Nijino, and to be followed by Hana Aisuru and Aine Yūki from the Aikatsu Friends series

~ She is the only character who does not have her singing voice from AIKATSU☆STARS! due to Coco Hayashi being from the idol group, "Run Girls, Run!" while her other singing voice is shared with Ako Saotome.

~ Unlike the other main protagonists in the Aikatsu! franchise she has two trademark bows in her hair, is a Pop-type at first, before becoming a Pure-type Idol, and has a red theme color.

~ Like Ichigo and Yume, she also performed a Special Appeal and obtained an Idol Aura in her very first stage performance.

~ She is called "The Shining Star Idol" by Subaru Yuki in episode 100.

~ She's the first protagonist to not have a surname related to a phenomenon in the sky. Hoshi (星) meaning star, Ōzora (大空) meaning vast sky, and Niji (虹) meaning rainbow. While her surname "Tana" means "shelf," which has no meaning on its own.

~ She is the first idol to be romantically involved in a relationship, followed by Emi Hoshino.

Kanade is the seventh idol in the Aikatsu! franchise to have created her own brand, following Mizuki Kanzaki, Sora Kazesawa, Hime Shiratori, Lilie Shirogane, Yume Nijino, and Elza Forte, followed by Rei Kizaki.