What Lurks At The Other Side

Blackness.
That is what space usually looks like. Of course there are the hundreds of stars which do fill up the void, along with the odd star system. But that was all. A void.
Through the dark space flew a ship on a lone mission. The ship was a murky green colour, almost like the makers were heading towards a camouflage look. It was a rare ship, made by the Haafi.
The Haafi were an interesting race. Their intelligence matched to a person with above average I.Q. Yet, they acted as if they were superior to the human race. Of course they did have many aspects that were much better than the average human. Their height for example, the average Haafi measured up to 6'4. Males had noticeably large muscles but all of the Haafi were incredibly strong. Unfortunately, all these good aspects of the species were used for bad and the Haafi decided to rival the Pax Federation.
In a result of that, they and the Federation were head on head, always fighting and trying to make sure their side was better than the other. The Haafi's current leader, Queen J'uo, was a strong being, also very smart. It would be an interesting thing to watch, the Federation and the Haafi fighting. But the thing holding it back was how incredibly real it was. Many people died. Many aliens died. Ships destroyed. Backs stabbed. This war was tearing the peace the Pax promised apart...

"Captain, reports of a new ship is coming through," the Haafi commutations officer hissed in his native tongue as he turned his pink head towards the captain.
"Specify," demanded the captain of the Haafi ship.
A silence followed for a brief minute before the communications officer finally responded to his captain's demand.
"The United Earth's Ship. Romulus. Galaxy Class. Captain Jensen William Sheppard," the Haafifi informed, looking at the dull-lighted screen.
"Ah, Sheppard. I know that name.." the captain muttered as he took his seat, "now I remember. That gromm sucking human destroyed the WS22 on it's test run."
Silence hung again in the thin starship air, nobody said a thing. The WS22 was a Haafi warship that was on a test run and mistook a Pax Federation ship to be part of the test and attacked. Of course the Federation ship had to destroy the WS22 to survive... but in the process, the younger Captain Sheppard killed 200 Haafi.

The Haafi captain grunted and smacked his three arms onto the handles of the chair, fury making his cold heart pump faster.
"Set course to collide with the Romulus after it leaves its system," he snapped to the Helmsman of the Haafi ship.
"Yes Captain," the Helmsman hissed and pushed the ship into it's new course.