CHAPTER 4

Frostwing's fur stood on an end. "Coco?" she growled, shooting up and looking very surprised.
"Yes" Eveningstar dipped her head. "That kittypet of yours seem to have changed minds about where's her best vacation camp is" she meowed mockingly.
Spiderstar allowed the smallest glare at Eveningstar's teasing tone.
"Start that up, and our alliance will be broken" she hissed quietly. Quiet was always a dangerous tone, if it was Spiderstar, quiet was deadly.
Eveningstar tensed. "Okay, whatever" she mewed dismissively.
Spiderstar eyes were hard as stone. "I hope your clan lives through your weak rein" she rolled her eyes to herself as soon as Eveningstar carried on in the direction of the moonstone.

"Coco's in BerryClan?" Pinefeather's voice rose, astonished.
"I knew it!" she spat, her black fur rising, bristling like a thistle bush. "Gladestar is onto something!" agreed Frostwing, nodding her head. "So... Is she going to... Come back?" Pinefeather asked in a tentative voice.
"I guess so" murmured Frostwing, partly to herself. Pinefeather hissed.
"Well, when she does come back, I'll give her a beating-up she won't forget!" she growled.
"Yes" said Spiderstar, her tail-tip twitching. "We will"
Pinefeather allowed herself a small growl of satisfaction. "We will fight and rise like fire as our clan name states!" Frostwing chimed cheerfully. A little too cheerful, considering the fact that they were trying to make a kittypet pee-her-tail in fright.

Frostwing padded to the elders den, to visit Honeyheart, who was grooming herself with a grumpy expression, which immediately softened as her gaze fell on Frostwing.
"Mother!" Frostwing jumped on Honeyheart, who toppled back in surprise.
"Why, hello Frostwing" Honeyheart mewed, her dusty fur tickling her nose.
"Mother, you said you used to live in BerryClan"
"I did"
"What was the leader? Who was the leader-I mean-and what was it like?"
"The leader back then was Wreathstar. A good leader, she was. Followed Laurelleaf out one day and got herself killed, maybe by a monster. So, when Gladegrass became leader, I hated him. He was a bully to me, and I saw him push my mother, Honeycloud off the edge of the Climbing Cliff. She died painfully and I left, to BlazeClan, where there was a leader named Sagestar. Her deputy, Brightfeather died, and she was a great foster-mother to me, kind and gentle. She appointed a new deputy. Guess who?"
"Spiderstar?"
"Yes. She was known as Spiderflight back then, and one day, Sagestar was found dead in the moonpool. StarClan knows why, but Spiderstar was never a bully nor a murderer to me, so I stayed with BlazeClan. End of story, now go out and play! This isn't a place for energetic apprentices!" Honeyheart shooed her away and smiled her warmest beam at her then turned and rested inside the elders den.
Frostwing was always fascinated by Honeyheart tales. I wonder how Brightfeather died. She sounds like such a nice cat. I wished i had got a chance to meet her...
"Frostwing!" a voice cut through her thoughts. She whirled around to see Rowanflame padding up to her. "Oh, Frostwing, hurry up! Prepare yourself!" he yowled. "What is it?" Frostwing asked, pricking her ears in alarm. Pinefeather padded up and narrowed her eyes. "It's those traitors!" she hissed,
"Frostwing! BerryClan's attacking us!"