s e c h z e h n

a/n: this story takes place before the events of flashes, and i know esme + instagram have been introduced to the flashes timeline, but just to be confusing, i'm going to link flashes and this story too. obviously, it's not such a big deal right now because julian's still a few months off from even meeting stella. also, super long filler :/

training grounds

LEON WAS SICK AND TIRED of doing sit-ups, calf stretches, theraband exercises and using the spinning machine. It was all very repetitive and he hadn't touched a football with his feet since that time at Grace's house. His physiotherapist Thomas was very insistent on him not returning to regular football training until he was at least 80% and apparently he was still at only 60%. It was all stupid and he hated it and all he wanted to do was get back on the training pitch with his teammates because he hated the surge of jealousy he always felt when he stared out of the glass walls that overlooked the training grounds.

"Can I go down there? Kick a ball around?" Leon requested to Thomas, "I swear, it won't do damage."

"Goretzka, i'm the physiotherapist here," Thomas chuckled, signalling for him to continue on the bike machine, "And yes, it will do damage if you're not careful."

"I will be careful!" he moaned, desperately trying to convince him.

"Two to three weeks, Goretzka," Thomas assured, "You can take your functional return to sport test in two weeks and from then on, we'll start with your running and then your one-on-one training. In two or three weeks, you'll be on phase 4. I promise you, time will fly before you're back on the pitch."

"Sounds fake, but okay," he murmured under his breath.

He trained for an excruciatingly long hour more until lunch came around and he was allowed to mingle with his teammates.

"Dude," Max nudged him as he sat down with a tray of food, "Jule's here."

"Here in Geschäftsstelle?" Leon frowned, looking around.

"No, blödmann, why would he be allowed here?" Max rolled his light eyes, "He's spending time in Bochum today and when we finish training, he'll come and hang out with us. Free tonight or are you spending it with your girlfriend?" his tone was mocking.

"She's not my girlfriend," Leon slapped the midfielder's arm, "But no, I don't think we have plans. Why's he here though? Does he not have training?"

"He practically blackmailed Wolfsburg," Max snorted, "He doesn't want to be at that club at all, anymore."

"Where'd he go though?"

"Are you kidding me? Everybody wants him. Won't be surprised if he ends up in Barcelona or Paris," Max shrugged, "Hey, you can invite your girl to hang out if you like. She's cool; I like her and Julian does too."

"No, it's boys night," he offered a smile.

As much as he loved spending time with Grace, he never wanted to neglect his friends, especially not when one of his best friends was in town, which was not a common occurrence. They had agreed, the four of them, that no transfer, no fight, no girl could come between of them to the extent of breaking their relationship.

"Glad you're still our Leon, bro," Max and Leon embarked on their ridiculous, overzealous handshake.

-

"I've missed you man," Julian was beaming as he hugged Leon, "How are you? How's Grace? Did you contact her from when you were an idiot?"

"Oh yeah," Max was listening eagerly.