Seven - As the gods permit it be.

As the late evening fell into its casual silence, its half-poised moon descending into its natural course. It was but an evening as eerie as any that had been, as ominous as the air that danced above and on the face of the sea. Darker than suspicion, yet usual.Nothing could have been wrong on the night, not a death seduced. Yet there it was. The smirk of the vicious dark that had took a man. As  did the sea that ascended into its full. The dark, as evil as the god that irked beneath the ocean, paused for a boy lost in melancholy. As Laang paced painfully searching for his mother's consoling warmth.

How would he tell her mother?

Would Gahaman do it for him?

  "Laang, come quickly!

          you need your mother,

              she is the one, amongst few!" Gahaman prompted.

 Laang did not listen. his eyes were fixed on the naked feet that stepped unwillingly. He followed Gahaman with an unconsious pacing. He was not himself. 

They had finally reached his Iloy's hut when Gahaman caught in sight Laang's weight falling into him. Laang fell into mortal trance, as his emotions got the better will of him. In the old man's bewilderment, he failed to react swiftly and dropped Laang's  weight falling into the damp earth.

" Laang!

      be awake!

          do not trouble an old man any further!

             you foolish lordling!" Gahaman cried.

    But still, not even with Gahaman's abrupt cries and tackles Laang was lost into his melancholous slumber. Wind still on his falling weight unto the ground. Laying flat on the grass.

    In Laang's eyes, most seem gone in time and afar. As his senses succumb to a darkling light. Floating into void and deviant peace. Thoughts of slowing space and time, in timid pacing. Light surrounds his mind, blinding his eyes from a source unknown. As he recalls falling, whilst now he is not. Laang called for his guide Gahaman, who he subtly hears from beyond but sees not in that world as one could gladly. He stretches his look towards here and there, and saw none for that matter of looking. He remembers speaking, his old days of speech. But there corrupted only a familiarity of it that had seemed dull and unlikely. For one could not utter any if eternally free. Where he stood, from his knowing was an empty field, a cascade of nothingness. But he could feel an itchy scratch from his face, like tiny blades of leaves swimming on his naked cheeks. And warm sobs and sweat on his right temple. 

  Laang knew then. This earth was not for his kind, not to linger for too long. He was in a state of not needing and not wanting, yet he found himself with a disgusting feeling. He felt not human, not even less. For he remembers a feeling that had once flooded his heart and now gone. He cried searching from himself, swimming from his empty stare. Where is it? What is it? What had forsaken me so deeply? And as timely as he wondered the ground that had once been empty drank into a heinous hue. His eyes saw flat with that color parallel to his face. At one side he saw  red layers of air and at the other saw gray shades of substance. Though his heart sank drowning into a chaos of colors and senses. Floating around ambiously, with no firm right to hold on to. Was this his doing? When once he was free from desire and lived in harmony, but he asked and this he shall recieve? Is this what the gods permit it be? For him to take slumber on the eternal fires of dread.

" Laang!

      be awake!

          do not trouble an old man any further!

             you foolish lordling!" Gahaman cried.

  When a familiar voice had cried. As he loathingly sucked his breath. He feared where he was now, side flat on the damp earth seeing the red sleeping sun and the dark wet earth on the other. The moon's dark above him. He felt his hand searching his face, among the dirt and dust where he laid with. 

"Get up you fool!

        let the gods see that you are worthy!

            worthy for your father's place!"

 It was indeed a familiar voice. For his memories of past now had filled his being. It was Gahaman, his father's old sailor. His father's.

His father the the Datu.

And as his memories of all came to still, this is all to remember.

His father the Datu had gone forever. As the gods permit it be.