Chapter 1 - Dumped for the third times.

The atmosphere at the coffee shop located in front of the Louver Home Design and Décor building is warm and inviting. The ambiance is ideal for taking a short break from their busy lives in order to revitalize their mind and spirit. In addition to that, it is an excellent location for lovers to engage in idle chatter. However, the vibe is entirely different when Sophia is around Rodney, her fiancé. They were both engaged in a vigorous discussion at the moment.

"What are you saying? Are you going to break up with me?" Sophia only felt a modicum of a surprise because the same scenario had already played out twice, and this would be the third man to dump her.

"I'm sorry, but I think it's better to do it now, or soon enough will end up in divorce." Rodney was gentle with his wording, but she believed that she must not be nice to him because she had just broken her heart.

"Are you insane? We're just planning to start a new life! A family, remember?" She replied.

"I am, yes! At this age, all I want is to settle down." He spoke.

"Then why?" She asked again.

"During the course of our eight months together, have you ever asked yourself why you want to marry me?" He asked and was completely serious the entire time.

"Yes, it's because I love you." She replied softly, but his expression remained unchanged.

"Do you really love me, or are you just using me?"

"What do you mean?" She was perplexed.

"Do you want to get married because you're in love with me, or are you just running away from someone in your past?" He asks in a furious tone.

"You have no idea who I am!" She hissed.

"Yeah! And its bullshit to spend my life with someone who was a prisoner of her high school puppy love memories!" He continued to place the blame on her.

"How can you accuse me of something you don't even know!" They were yelling at each other, and rumor spreaders were everywhere.

After a while, Sophia got up. She would have wanted to give Rodney a hard slap for insulting her private issues, shouting at her, and using vulgar language, all of which irritated her. When she was about to leave, he grabbed her wrist and prevented her from leaving.

"Sophia, you had better forget about that Xander of yours!" She was taken aback by mentioning a name so familiar to her.

"How was he able to learn about him?" She was thinking quietly.

"What?" She turned around and looked at him. Rodney reached into his bag and slammed something onto the desk. It was her high school diary and had been in possession of it for more than a dozen arduous years at this point.

"Where did you___." He cut her quickly.

"I found it in your drawer! If it weren't important, something like this wouldn't be with the important documents where it was!" He shouted. She was unable to move in surprise.

"Well, to make it fair, I have to tell you something. In all honesty, I never loved you! You are just too good to be adored and marrying you will save my butt from my stupid friends, who never stop teasing me because I'm still a bachelor at this age!" This time, Sophia gave him a very hard slap. She abandoned him in the presence of those rumor mongers. She had the impression that everyone there was as ignorant, ill-mannered, and hopeless as he was.

"Fuck that idiot! How dare he speak to me like that?!" She yelled in a distinct murmuring voice as she stormed back to the vehicle in a furious rage.

"He never liked me! He adores me! He is only using me to benefit his other dumb friends. He was the one who should be called an idiot and a moron! He is the worst of the three men who dumped me! "She was enraged at the situation.

"I believe today is the most frustrating day I've ever experienced!" She muttered an expletive before getting into the car.

She reflected on how busy they had been over the past few days. They have a lot of plans, she even had an appointment with a wedding planner to discuss when, where, and what to do on a special day with Rodney. It was all fascinating, from the motif, flowers to the gown and everything else.

"But it's possible that he was right. Did I genuinely love Rodney?" She pondered the situation once more and pulled over the vehicle.

"NO!" She sobbed and then continued with what she was thinking.

"I never loved someone else after I dumped Xander in high school. I had no intention of carrying it out, but I must! I am aware of the argument against it, but how can I disavow it? If there were no traces of him left behind. I put in all the effort I could, but there was no obvious place to start looking for him." She clenched her fists in exasperation. "I've been wishing and hoping that he'll come back." She laid her back in the driver's seat.

"After that, I made an effort to act like a normal adult by dating other guys while I was in college and seeking the counsel of my friends. When I was having fun in someone else's company, I suddenly became aware that I was deceiving myself. There is no one else in the world who can compete with Xander! NOTHING... NO ONE!" She was sobbing, and tears were streaming down her cheeks.

"Where am I going to go?" She restarted the vehicle's engine and was about to drive but wept more. Sophia believed that every time a man dumped her, it always turned out to be reminiscing about Xander a lot. Perhaps, the reason why she was in such a bad mood after they broke up with her wasn't actually because of the pain they caused her. The reason for this is that the memories of Xander continue to linger in the most excruciating moment.