Chapter 14: The Heroic Epilogue

I will still remember them, you know. Jason, Sadie, and Mike. My heart dropped as soon as he left that room. I jumped from my bed, smiling, knowing he was just playing and he was standing right outside my door. I opened my door, laughing, but my laughs were the only one. Nothing was there. Just the area in front of my room. My eyes were dancing with tears. I went downstairs, where I found somethings. Multiple people, that I cannot wipe from my eyes. Everyone. They were all sitting on the sofas. Jason, when I came downstairs, immediately grasped me and interlocked me in a hug. Slowly, we let go of each other. And I went to everyone else. I spotted someone. Bryan. I hugged him too.

"I wish you were still alive, even though I didn't know you that well." I say. That's all I can manage without my throat choking from what I'm keeping from not breaking down. "It's okay. He said, "I think I'm in a better place now. Now go meet everyone else." He had to push me to another face. Cassidy. "I'm so sorry." I said, "We could've helped you escape. I could've formed a plan before this happened. I've just been so stu-" She held her index finger over my mouth. "I'm okay. I really am." She said with a smile, revealing her bright white teeth. I had to smile at her joy of leaving the earth. After all, she was in a better place. "So, what's it like. Is it better?" I say. I really want to know, but she fades away. I look back. Those I have visited have started to fade away. Jason, Cassidy, and Bryan are now gone. I continue walking in my house until I come face to face with the little Sadie.

"Sadie..." I say, and she hugs me. She's not very tall, her arms only wrap around my upper stomach. "You saved us. You helped us survive. Thank you." And that's all I can manage before the tears streak my face. I can't hold it anymore. I kneel down, pick Sadie up, and hug her as tight as I can. "Okay! Okay!" She says, screaming with delight. "There's still one more." And I know there is. Mike. I keep walking. I look behind me and I see her fading away. She waved and I waved back. I continue walking until I come face to face, or hips to face because he's short too, to my brother. I also pick him up. I start kissing him all over his cheek and never letting go. "Wait! Before you squeeze me to death, I have something to say." He says. I put him down. "You could join us. I really want you to. I really miss you." He says. I can't handle it. I really want to join him and everyone else, but what about Mom and Dad? After a few moments, I have made up my mind. I tell Mike to not follow me as he fades away too. I mount the stairs and keep going until I reach Mom and Dad's room. I get fake bible from under the bed and open it. A shining pistol sits there.

"I'm done with this retched place" And with that,

BANG

***************************************************************

Hi! Thanks for reading the entire book of The Babysitter! I know this is kinda sad, but I'm working on my next book now! I will either release the first chapter on April 6, 2018 or April 7, 2018 depending on if I change the story plot. If you liked my book, recommend it to other people! I am always looking for people to help me. This is me, signing of for the last time for this book,

~Iridescence