1 | Knight in Armor

DOCTOR LYNCH | one.

3rd.

"If I wanted to go on a date with someone, you'd know. Stop trying to fix me up with your friends. I'm not interested," Laura told her best friend, Kelsey as she walked through the streets of Beverly Hills, California.

"Are you gay? Is that why you ignore or reject any boy that comes your way? If that's why, I can still hook you up with some friends," Kelsey said making Laura laugh.

"No way. I'm not gay. I love men, but the guys I've met haven't caught my eye," she said as she stopped in front of the cross walk. Once the light indicated it was time for the pedestrians to walk Laura hurried across the road, getting closer to the doctors office.

"Where are you? It's so loud" Kelsey said.

"Sorry. I decided to walk to the doctor's office" she informed her.

"What? Is Laura Marano actually walking to the doctor's office? Kelsey acted surprised.

"Stop acting so surprised. It's a beautiful day, so I thought why not just walk to the office," Laura's voice went a bit higher causing her to clear her throat. She looked up and saw her doctor's office, but across the office was a coffee shop. Despite the fact that she was almost late for her appointment, she headed straight for the coffee shop past the office.

"Bull--," Kelsey paused, "--shit" she laughed. "You hate walking to any place that isn't food, or the mall and you absolutely hate the doctor's office" she said.

"That's not true!" Laura attempted to speak lower.

"Yeah, right. I could've came you know," Kelsey said.

Meanwhile, Mr.Ross Lynch walked out of the small coffee shop just across job, with his colleague/best friend Tommy. He sighed in content because he finally had his coffee. If he didn't have his coffee in the morning, he wouldn't be the same person.

He walked to the crosswalk and stood patiently at the cross walk as he listened to Tommy speak about the new girl he met recently. As he took a sip from his hot coffee, he noticed someone.

His hazel eyes landed on a girl, who looked to be a few years younger than him, who was speaking on the phone. She was wearing a long Borge coat ever a tight black dress. Ross couldn't believe his eyes. He's never seen someone so beautiful. It was as if time stopped. He stood there in awe as he saw the beautiful girl.

"I didn't want to be a bother," Laura told Kelsey as she stopped at the crosswalk. She looked left and right and crossed the road without looking if it was time for pedestrians to cross. "I just wish--," she was cut off by the feeling of her foot sunk down. Her eyes widened as she stood in the middle of the road, she looked and at her heel and saw that it was stuck in the manhole cover.

"Laura?" She heard Kelsey ask worriedly.

"Just hold on. " she told her as she tried to get her shoe out of the hole. She looked up and saw a large truck headed her way.

Mr Lynch looked to his right and saw what the girl looked at. He saw a large truck speeding down down the road. Laura tried to walk away, but one of her new heels were still in the hole.

She began to really panic as she saw the truck not slowing down. She felt tear well upon her eyes as she bent down and tried to pull her shoe out of the hole but it wouldn't budge.

Mr Lynch handed his coffee to Tommy and said "hold this for me real quick," he said.

"What? Why?" Tommy said quickly as Ross ran off to the street. Ross looked quickly at the truck and quickly ran to the girl. She gasped as she felt someone pull her to the ground away from the truck. She looked in shock at the man that hovered over her.

He was beautiful, she thought.

"Are you okay?" He asked. She continued to look at him in awe as the sun shined behind him. It was as if he was sent from heaven. "Are you okay?"he asked again, as a group of people crowded around them.

"I'm great. " Laura replied tiredly.

"Yeah?" He asked as his arm was under her head.

"Where's my shoe?" She asked. She sounded tired and completely out of it.

"You have it right there" he chuckled as he looked at her hand" let's get you up," He smiled and helped her sit up.

"I almost died" Laura said slowly. She felt unsteady, weak and soon, darkness consumed he...

-

I hope y'all enjoyed the first chapter because I sure did.

-rAtliff-