2 | Small World

DOCTOR LYNCH| two.

Ross.

Ross: Excuse me. Coming through.

I said as I carried the mysterious woman in my arms. She fainted as I sat her up, so I carried her bridal style. Tommy rushed to my side as I carried the girl to our practice. Tommy opened the door allowing me to walk in easily. I thanked him, then carried the girl to a vacant overnight patient room.

Ross: Sandra, can you please get me a neck brace and a few pillows please?
I asked our receptionist.

Sandra: of course, sir.

She nodded her head and hurried to get the things I asked for.

I ignored all the stares and whispers then walked into the room. I sat the girl down on the bed and then turned to Tommy who was sipping his coffee.

Tommy: don't look at me. I'm still on break until five.

He said then walked to. His office. As he walked out he pulled out phone and began typing rapidly with a smile on his face. I knew he was texting the new girl he met, so I didn't want to bother him.

I grabbed a chat and put it next to the girl. The door opened revealing Sandra with the pillows and neck brace. After situating the girl properly, I examined her features. She was gorgeous. Her skin looks so smooth, I just wanted to place gently kissed all over it.

I got up from the office and walked out back to the waiting room.

Ross: I'm sorry to bother you again, Sandra, but can you run some quick tests on the girl. Just to check if her vitals are fine.

I told her.

Sandra: of course, sir.

Ross: thank you.

I smiled causing her cheeks to redden. She then got up and began to do what I told her. I grabbed one of the clipboards and checked for the next parked.

Ross: Eliza smith.

I called out, then began to do what I do best.

-

"I'm paralysed!" I heard someone yell. I gave the patient a prescription then allowed the to leave I quickly took off my stethoscope and walked into the room where I put the URL.

Sandra: ma'am, you're not paralysed. You're moving your feet and arms.

Sandra told her. I chuckled as I walked in. The girl looked scared, when the two ladies realised I was in the room, they turned to me.

"Y-you're the guy," the girl pointed at me, " that saved my show. I mean, my life, you saved my life," she corrected herself. Her voice sounded fragile and soft.

Ross: miss, can you go get the doctor?

I asked Sandra. She looked at me with a confused expression.

Sandra: aren't you--

Sandra began, but I cut her off.

Ross: yes. Simply the man who saved her. Shouldn't you go get Doctor Loren? I was thinking that was his name.

I told her. She soon caught on.

Sandra: of course.

She nodded her head and left. She deserves a raise. She puts up with both me and Tommy. I turned back to the girl who was holding her neck, which was wrapped by a neck brace.