Untitled Part 9

Soul Maiden: chapter 9

Pursue and Recovery

Claw placed Leylah on the back seat of his car. With care, he tried to arrange her in a way that no more damage would be inflicted on her already wounded body. The provability of interior bleeding was very high with the kind of injuries she'd suffered. When he was satisfied with how he'd arranged her, he jumped into the driver seat, slammed the door closed and drove out of the club's parking lot like a bat out of hell. His main priority was getting her as far away from Susanoo as possible in case he decided to give chase.

Not even ten minutes after driving out of the club his phone buzzed with an incoming text from Kieran. He read the message quickly and his heart sank; he should have known that Susanoo would play a dirty trick on them.

Claw wasted no time and called the head of the guardians in their district; which happened to be his father. He just hoped the man was not up to chew his head and spit it back out like he often did with Claw.

"Villalobos speaking." The commanding voice of Argent Villalobos, the head of the guardian's gild, came on speaker.

Not risking Leylah having a moment of lucidity, Claw switched to his ear piece. "Send the recovery team to Psychic Paradise. Susanoo managed to give us the slip and there are two hurt girls on the VIP bathroom of the third floor, along with multiple others on the main floor." He coolly informed his father.

Villalobos growled, "What were the two of you doing? Didn't I warned you about this kind of things happening? Why didn't you contain them before things spilled out to the civilians?"

"Susanoo gave us the slip. He had everything well planned out and things unfolded too quickly for the two of us to react properly," Claw growled back. "If you were aware of things growing to this magnitude, why did you only send the two of us?"

"We didn't want to risk letting Susanoo knew we were aware of his devious plans," Villalobos replied, "You, on the other hand, should had been prepared for Susanoo's antics, you have had more interaction with the man than any of us."

Claw punched the stearin wheel with frustration. Right at that moment what he wanted was to wring his father's neck. "Don't blame me for your oversights." He said after taking a long, deep breath, but was unable to hide the wolf-like growl that escaped his lips.

Villalobos sighed, "The recovery team was already dispatched. We got a call from the club's owner, who was not too pleased with tonight's event."

Claw released the wheel just slightly, noticing that his claws were out and little puncture marks adorned the pristine leather of the stearin wheel.

"And the girl?" Villalobos enquired, giving the recovery team orders.

"I got her." Claw replied with a detached professional voice. "She is badly injured. Should I take her to the Latimer's as planned?"

"No." Villalobos said in a stern voice.

His father's tone of voice gave Claw reason to think, why did father not want her returned to her parents, the most capable people to deal with this right now? "Did something happen?"