Chapter 4

Part 4

The next day Suman was getting ready to leave to see Shravan Malhotra ! She didn't care if she had an appointment or not she was going to wait there until she met him! She was changing Araav's diaper "Listen chikku were going to meet your potential daddy , so please bare with me"

She saw her nephew looking at her with his beautiful brown eyes " Don't look at me like that ,your father needs to take responsibility as well .I feel like everything just dropped on me like I'm just ... never mind "

"I'm still going to make sure we meet but , I have a career I need to concentrate on and I can't do this on my own .Rashna maasi is no help , and to be honest I don't think I can trust her with you .I don't have anyone close to me that can guide me .So we need to do this ok ?"

Aarav just gave her a smile , he loved it when she talked to him even if he didn't understand,  her sweet voice always soothed him .She changed him and cleaned his face , prepared a milk bottle and grabbed the baby bag . She went down the elevator holding the baby seat from the handle some neighbours looked on confused.

"Oh ! I'm just babysitting" she said in a nervous smile walking out the door

The sun shined brightly with a warm breeze hitting her face making her inhaled deeply calming herself .She sat him in the car and buckled him securely  and played few lullabies on her phone making him happy . She sang to him yesterday and he seemed to enjoy it a lot!

Suman drove through the highway pensively and kept glancing back at Aarav who was quiet . She finally made it and walked in the modern building landing in the main lobby , she was impressed at how clean and fresh it looked everything was colour coordinated and organized. There was leather couches in the lobby and another section on the upper floor which seemed high edge with glass rails and walls.

She came to the receptionist putting Aarav's baby seat on the counter

"Hi I'm really hoping to see Shravan Malhotra today ."

"You're the one who called yesterday ?"

Suman nodded "yes I really have to see him today"

The receptionist was already annoyed of her and rolled her eyes . "He's in a meeting right now and he is fully booked for the day ,so unfortunately he won't have time to see you .."

Suman was getting frustrated "listen I'm not leaving until I meet Shravan Malhotra! It's very important that I see him today ."She stated adamantly

"You're welcome to wait but you're just wasting your time"

"You're really no help ! Do you always look this miserable?" Suman said offending the receptionist and taking a seat, the room was empty only few people waiting . It didn't seem as busy as the secretary made it seem

Suman looked at Aarav who was moving uneasily in the baby seat, she took him out cradling him in her arms which made him cue cutely. She waited occasionally reading a magazine and holding chikku's hand smiling at him.

Two hours passed and the baby went to sleep, but the wait went on . She smiled lightly at some clients waiting just like her .

One hour later the office seemed empty only the secretary was typing away glaring at Suman .

Suddenly she saw the adjacent door open , three men walked out . One looked older ,the other one seemed young but friendly and there was Shravan Malhotra walking out dressed perfectly with his white ironed chemise, wearing an black blazer over . She was about to speak when Araav started waking up squirming. Just perfect! She thought!

"Excuse me !!"

Shravan turned around seeing a young woman holding a baby cart with a napkin bag over her shoulder. She had long hair clipped at the back , dressed in a nice light pink summery dress .