chapter 1: sharon

i didn't know what was going on in class honestly. madame harig was talking and all i heard was "SCREECH". then i realized i had my earbuds in and my phone was playing bird vines on youtube. taking out my earbuds, i hear the world around me. sometimes i forget that the world even exists. maybe it doesn't. no one can ever be sure.
"oui oui, baguette, tour de france," madame harig says.
"no one understands you, harig. speak what you're paid to speak," a voice behind me demands.
i turned around to see who spoke, and found a very tall boy sitting in the desk behind me. he looked a bit cramped in the seat, though. maybe it was because he had an invisible dog in between him and the desk, or maybe it was because of the fake gun thingy shoved into his side. probably the invisible dog.
"what're you lookin at, poptart?" he questioned.
he seemed very aggressive so i shot right back at him.
"your uh... um. the thing that uh... people look at,"
or tried to, at least. not my best moment.
the bell rang and i scurried out of the classroom, to avoid further embarrassment.
(fun fact: sharon gets flustered easily)
sinking into my desk in my second period class, i exhaled heavily.
"ooof"