(1)

Paris' POV

"Honestly I can't wait for summer, gabs. Getting to be at the beach, being here the whole day sucks; you know what I can't wait for?" I smirked waiting for a response.  "Hmm" she hummed as she grabbed the last of the post property, taking it towards the main office to our manager.

She walked back and stood there, signaling for my reply "The swimming, the surfing, and the hotties" I winked at my bestfriend Gabby as she waited by the fence as I tried to close the stubborn thing. She giggled watching me struggle before a hand had reached over and pulled the gate shut as I placed the lock on it quickly.

Thinking it was my boss Dustin, I turned around and playfully snapped at him. "I could've done that myself you know" I turned around smirking before realising it was another dude with bright ocean like eyes.

"I bet you could've" he smirked as he moved his hand away from mine.

"Well were off duty now, so if you wouldn't mind, please refrain from drowning. We've done at least 200 rescues today and you look strong enough to not drown," I gave him a tired smile and walked back to the tower.

"Who was that? Looks like you two were getting to know each other real well," Gabby laughed pulling her lunch, er, now supper, bag.

"I don't have a clue," I said grabbing mine out of the fridge, "I was trying to close that stupid gate that always sticks and he put his hand on mine and I said I could've done it by myself and he's like 'ohhh yeah you probably could've,'" I mocked him in a deep man voice.

Gabby just stared at me like, "ok mhm sure."

"What? It was just some stupid boy." I grabbed my food and took it out.

"Nah, are you serious?" Gabby said in a what sounded like sarcastic voice.

"Yeah," I said with a face full of food.

"No, there's people in the water! Five of them! I swear, if they get caught in the rip, I'm going to have steam coming out of my ears!"

I looked out the window and sure enough, five guys screwing around on the bay.

We watched them closely and suddenly a call came in.

"Venice Tower, this is Paris...okay..we've had eyes on them for a while now...okay thank you."

"What's going on," Gabby said taking a drink of her juice.

"1, 2, 3, 4,...there were five guys right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"There's only four," my heart started to pump faster.

We called our boss who was across the street over so we could go over and check it out.

As soon as our boss came over and picked up the binoculars and we were out the door.

"Girls," he called out the window.

"Now now!" Gabby yelled back.

We grabbed the surfboards and ran to the bay. The boys were caught in the rip. Go figure.

"Hey!" One of them started yelling, "our friend!"

I got closer to the boys, "Where is he?"

The boys pointed to the bay where he stood there waving his hands at us.

"Are you guys in trouble?" Gabby asked paddling over.

"No...you just took my breath away," one of them said.

It was silence until his friends started laughing.

"I'm being serious, we're off duty. We've had 200 rescues today and we've lost 5 people. What the hell are you doing out here?" Gabby became aggravated. I don't blame her either. It wasn't a very good day today.

"We're fine, but our friend over there seems to want you," one of the boys said pointing at me.

"Yeah, well I kinda want my food so if you're not in trouble get on because I'm not taking out the jet ski to come get you." I was started to get pretty angry too. One boy got on my board, the other got on Gabby's, and the other two swam to shore.

We got to shore, dropped the boys off and went straight to the tower. We put our boards in the garage and ran into the tower.

"Girls," our boss started talking.

"Don't punish me until I've had my food," Gabby said plopping down in her chair.

All of the sudden, the five boys walked in.

"You can't be in here," I said rolling my eyes.

"Why not," said the one who touched my hand.

"Lifeguards only, are you blind?"

"Girls," boss started to say.

"What?" Gabby and I both yelled at the same time.

His face was soft, "meet your new guard mates."