A Little Mystery

CHAPTER 12

*CRAIG'S POV*

Waking up early feels refreshing, the breeze and the morning sun made it even more wonderful.

I decided to drop by Zoe's house and go to school together. She's looking depressed yesterday, and I will be the last person on earth who wants to see her like that. All I want is to see her happy.

That made me wonder if something happened to her and my best friend. Did they talk about something when they both disappeared from my sight and came back together last saturday?

I will do everything to find out.

I arrived at Zoe's place and went out the car, I was a step closer to their gate when something caught my eye.

Was that Ashton's car a house away from the Keaton's? I got intrigued and that dragged my feet to the car. It's really his!

"Ash!" I knocked on the window.

He never opened up on me, instead, I almost got whipped by his car when he drove away.

What now? He's avoiding me too? Well, that only made my eagerness to know everything urge. I checked on myself, still a bit creeped out by a roving car, Ashton will never hit me.

"Craig!" I quickly looked at her direction.

"Hey. Good morning." I ran to her.

"What are you doing there?" She asked while walking by my car.

"Uh, just walking around."

"You could have just wait in our house, you know."

"Haha, maybe next time. I'm still getting the hang of things here." I smiled.

We both looked at their door when her Mom got out. "Good morning Mrs. Keaton!" I greeted.

"Good morning to you too!" She responded. "Next time you can come in, we don't bite! Then we can have coffee and laughs like the last time!"

"Sure thing!" I said with the okay sign.

My conversation with her Mom brought smile to my face. Why are we shouting when we can go nearer to one another?

"Mom, save your stories. We'll be late!" Now Zoe joined too.

We both sat in the car. "Be safe! Craig drive carefully, okay?!" Her mom said.

I honked once and Zoe waved goodbye.

Zoe barely talked, I thought she's fine by her cheerfulness a while ago. I talked to her but she responded brief. Thinking I can grab this chance to went ahead with Ash, I can't. He's my friend.

That gave me an idea.

"We're suppose to turn right, why are you going left?"

I never bothered to answer Zoe, I kept on driving until we reached Ash's house.

"Stay here." I instructed.

"Where is this? What are you doing, we're so late!"

Zoe was about to say something more but I didn't let her. I ignored her until I reached the door. I wanted to clear everything, the gap forming between Ash and Zoe, and the questions circling in my head.

"Is Ash here?" I said as their maid opened up the door.

"He's in his room Sir. Come in."

"Can I?" I asked pointing upstairs.

"Sure sir." The maid gestured her hand on my way.

I knocked on Ash's room, but he's not opening up. I continued knocking, I won't let him get away with this. After a few more, I still ended up outside his room. Call it trespassing but I'm bugging in.