Frozen

You were sitting by your window, daydreaming as usual with your headphones on. It was one of those days where you wanted to be alone; blocking out the outside world. Your imagination was better anyways. You look out your window, you see that the streets and land had been covered in white. Great, it had snowed. You sighed and shivered a bit as you closed your blinds. You hated snow, it was so cold and wet. . Sure, it was beautiful to look at. . but you hated moving around in it. This must have been why you thought it'd be best to stay inside today. You sigh, slumping down on your bed. It was obvious that you were awfully bored, maybe even lonely. You now wished that somebody, anybody would come and talk to you.

What seemed like a few minutes later, you must have drifted back into a daydream. . . because the next thing you heard was your mother shaking you, telling you to wake up. You groaned, not wanting to get up. "What is it mum?" You ask her tiredly, rubbing your eyes.

"Your father and I have a Christmas party to attend tonight. We need the driveway cleared so we can get the car out of the garage. Would you be a dear and go shovel the snow?"

Oh boy. . You wanted somebody to talk to you, but you definitely didn't want to go outside in the cold to shovel snow. "What's in it for me?" You ask your mother, looking up at her.

"An allowance." She laughs a bit. "Now hop to it. Your father and I need to be out of here in a few hours." She glanced at you one last time before walking out of your room, shutting the door behind her.

Wow, she actually shut the door for once. You laughed on the insides to yourself as you slipped on your winter coat, boots, hat, and gloves. You didn't want to get cold, right? Right. You looked at yourself in the mirror quickly before leaving your bedroom and heading outside.

When you walked outside, it brought a chill down your spine. You realized how cold it actually was. "Brr.." You mumble under your breath, trying to keep your teeth from chattering. "Now where's that shovel.." You look around and find it up against the garage door, poking out of the snow like a sore thumb. You had to make your way through several feet of snow. Oh, how fun this was going to be to clean up. You grabbed the shovel and began to get to work.

"Heave... Ho!" Pause. "Heave... Ho!" You started to hear in the back of your mind as you continuously scooped up snow and tossed it all into a huge pile by the street curve. The voice didn't sound familiar, but it did sound real. It sounded like a teenage boy's voice. "What the Hell.." You mumble, looking around yourself. Nobody was there. Were you hearing things? "I must be crazy.." You look down at the ground, kicking the snow that was sticking to your boots.

"Hey! Careful with the snow!" You hear a voice shout at you in an annoyed tone.

Okay, you were crazy. What was this voice you kept hearing? "Who's out there?" You call out, gripping the handle of the snow shovel. "Please tell me I'm not crazy.." You muttered.

Within a few seconds, the same voice responded. It seemed like it was close to you. "Seriously? I made that snow, you should be thankful for it. Not throwing it all around and into the street."

You jump slightly. Who the hell were you speaking with? Were you dreaming? Caught in a daydream of some sort? You couldn't be speaking to strange voices, that was insane. You were never the type of person to talk to random strangers; especially ones who weren't visible. "What... What's your name?" You reply, trying not to hesitate to the voice.

"The name's Jack; Jack Frost. You know, Spirit of Winter?"

You blink. You had heard that name normally around Christmas. Your family and friends would always say something about 'Jack Frost nipping at your nose'. This was even crazier. Were you seriously speaking with Jack Frost? I mean, you couldn't even see him. It was only a voice. "Where.. are you?" You ask, looking around curiously.