fourteen

"donghyuck!"

the said boy turned around to see a very tall person running towards him and his eyes widened. donghyuck laughed loudly as yukhei tackled him into a hug, making them fall back on the floor.

"yukhei, get off." donghyuck whined as he tried pushing the older boy off. "you're so heavy, you fatass."

even thought they just met a little over a week ago, the two were already best friends. donghyuck found that his and yukhei's personalities fit together quite well. they were both loud and talkative, and jeno and jaemin were often annoyed by the duo. they always texted each other in class and many of yukhei's texts made donghyuck laugh, getting him in trouble a few times.

"do you want to come to my secret hideout tonight? it's friday so we can stay up super late! please say yes or else i'll be super sad for the rest of the day." yukhei exclaimed as he helped donghyuck up from the ground. he ignored the weird looks he got from the students around him.

"your secret hideout?" the shorter boy laughed as they walked to the cafeteria together. he found it funny how childish yukhei could be despite him being eighteen.

"yeah, you have to promise not to tell anyone where it is."

"i promise. i'll even pinky promise." donghyuck said as he linked their pinky fingers together. yukhei took hold of donghyuck's hand and lightly swung their hands back and forth.

"okay," yukhei leaned down close to donghyuck's ear, making both of their faces turn pink. "it's behind the gas station down the road from our school. be there at eight."

donghyuck nodded and pushed open the doors of the cafeteria. he spotted jeno and jaemin and pulled yukhei in their direction. they sat down, making no move to disconnect their hands.

"looks like yukhei has a boyfriend." jaemin teased as he eyed the boys in front of him.

"just guys being dudes," yukhei said as he smiled down at donghyuck.

the younger of the two rolled his eyes and turned away in attempt to hide his grin. it was nice for donghyuck to not have to fake a smile for once.