Revelations

A/N: Big thanks to PrincessofObsidian who made this awesome book cover for me!

____

Both Blair and I glanced at one another...well, I guess I glanced at her and she didn't know she was looking at me.  She's blind, okay?

Once again, there was a knock at the door, more forceful this time.  Now there was no way that the person on the other side of the door was Vincent, because he just would have barged right in.

I got off the mattress and swung the door open.  It was already dark outside, making my eyes grow wide with the realization that I had spent countless hours talking with Blair.  I guess I was just so grateful to be spending time with another human that the time flew on by without me noticing.

The dark figure standing outside shifted its weight from side to side.

"Um, Blair?" it asked in a deep voice.  It was her mate Jack.  Apparently because of the wolf-bro code, male werewolves weren't allowed to directly speak to female mates of other wolves.  That's why Jack seemed nervous.  Vincent wasn't anywhere I could see, but then again I couldn't see that far into the dark outside.

"I'm here," Blair said, slowly standing up off the mattress.  She slowly made it over to where Jack and I stood, shuffling her feet the entire time. Why doesn't she have one of those red and white canes that blind people on TV have? She practically already has a seeing-eye dog thanks to Jack, but when she's alone, I imagine a cane would work just fine.

Blair eventually made it to Jack, who then proceeded to scoop her up into his arms, carrying her bridal-style.  He nuzzled her and then whispered something into her ear.

Blair nodded.

"Follow us to Vincent," she said, most likely just repeating what Jack had whispered to her.

I nodded, receiving a glare from Jack.

Oh yeah.

"Sure," I said, making sure my voice was clear and loud.

Jack rolled his eyes, but then turned around and began to walk off, Blair secured in his hold.  Maybe that's why she doesn't have a cane.  He just carries her around everywhere, that way she really has no use for her eyes.

I followed, closing the door behind me.  It was a pretty calm night.  It was cold, but yet it wasn't so cold out that I needed a jacket.  I've heard of lukewarm water, but now I'm wondering if I can attach the adjective to air as well.  The stars were lighting up the night sky.  Because there were no modern buildings or skyscrapers in the omega community, there was no light pollution, so the night sky shone with radiance, allowing me to see every celestial body.  The moon was still big, so it provided a pale light for me to see, actually doing a pretty good job.

Jack led me into a nearby forest...well I suppose I can't call it a forest because it was more of a tree line since we were out of it around two minutes after entering it. 

We came up to a river and there I saw a orange-ish glow off in the distance.  Jack whispered into Blair's ear again.

"He said you have to continue on your own. Vincent will be waiting for you," Blair said.

Jack whispered something again.

"Oh, and uhh...Vincent said he'd be watching you as well."

That figures. I do have to admit, I didn't think about running off right now.  But running away in a different territory at night, escaping from a blind girl and a werewolf who's forbidden by wolf-bro code to talk to me would be an easy feat.  Maybe Vincent isn't as dumb as I thought.