Movie Scene

You tried not to slip as you ran through the rain, only wanting to make it to the café on time. You knew Jihoon was already there, since he sent you a mocking text not too long ago. He had always been more punctual than you, and he never failed to remind you at every chance that he got. You dodged someone running the other way before finally sliding in front of the small, welcoming café and bakery.

You took a deep breath, hoping you didn't look like you just ran for almost a mile (even though you did) and pulled open the glass door, hearing a small jingle. You heard someone call out a welcome in your direction and you smiled to the employee. You looked around the area before spotting Jihoon sitting at a booth in the back corner. He was sitting with a legged crossed, his laptop placed on the tabletop, opened in front of him, his earbuds plugged into the jack and connected to his ears. He fixed the black beanie he was wearing, sweeping his brown bangs back and perfectly hiding them underneath the hat before resuming his intense stare directed at the computer screen. You had to admit, there was something very attractive about Jihoon when he looked so "in the zone", and you had to distract yourself whenever you'd find him that way.

There were two ceramic mugs sitting on the table, steam rolling from the tops. You cracked a grin. You quickly ordered your favorite pastry, as well as a muffin for Jihoon, before heading back to the boy. Only when you were standing beside the table did Jihoon look up at you and your smile. Jihoon smiled back, happy you were finally here, and pulled out his earbuds, placing them down on the keyboard. You moved to sit in the booth across from the boy when Jihoon spoke up.

"No no, sit by me," he said. You raised an eyebrow at the boy but did what he said. You put your bag down onto the seat opposite of Jihoon before slipping off your jacket, laying that down as well. Then you slid into the seat next to Jihoon. Jihoon was watching you with patient eyes and smiled at you when you were finally seated. He reached his right hand across your face, holding your left cheek as he pressed a loving kiss to the other. You smiled happily at the boy once he pulled away and reached across the table, grabbing the mug farthest from Jihoon, assuming it was the one for you.

"How was your day?" you asked before taking a sip; caramel macchiato. The usual. Perfect.

With a sigh Jihoon went on to relay a rather stressful class he had that day. He explained his theory of how he thinks his history professor is the spawn of the devil with the crazy amount of work he put on them and not nearly enough time to do it all. You nodded your head as Jihoon vented, knowing it would be best not to interrupt him, and simply waited for the storm to pass.

Jihoon took a deep breath when he finished, snatching his cup of coffee and taking a lengthy sip. He sighed when he set the mug back down, looking to you.

"Are you done?" you asked.

Jihoon nodded. "Yeah."

"Alright," you started. "Well, I'm sorry you had this amount of stress put on you within a matter of hours. But, lucky for you, your girlfriend is rather interested in history. And I know she would not mind helping you out if you need it."

Jihoon's eyes widened. "Would you? Really?"

"Of course," you said smiling, nodding slightly. Jihoon's shoulders visibly slumped and his face softened in relief.

"Ah, thank god. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you," Jihoon said, laying his head on your shoulder.

"I don't either," you said playfully.

"Hey~" Jihoon said in a warning tone, but still with a smile. Just seconds later Jihoon's head suddenly shot up and he gave you a bright smile, his mood obviously doing a complete 180.