Chapter Eighteen: Here comes the Bride

Here comes the Bride

This is it. Jessica's big day!

A mirror stood in front of Audrey. She stared at herself for hours, applying on the right amount of makeup. Her hair was neatly braided into a bun and she left one strand of hair to the side bouncy with curls.

After fixing herself for hours, she left to go to the small chapel where Jessica and Ethan held their wedding. The small chapel had sentimental value to Audrey and Jessica's childhood. When they're in need of help, they come to the chapel on their bended knees, praying to God.

As the taxi pulled over, Audrey quickly got in and hurried to the chapel. She felt so happy for Jessica. Today was day full of wedding vows and commitment. She wondered when she would walk down that aisle, hand and hand with her father. She imagined walking towards the alter where Jacob stood in front.

"If we could ever happen," Audrey sighed and took a deep breath.

Few minutes later, she arrived to the chapel.
A line of bridesmaid and groomsmen stood in front of the chapel. Audrey and the other bridesmaid wore the same dress. They all wore a powder blue a-line, one shoulder surplice bodice gathered chiffon skirt knee length bridesmaid dress. The dress really complemented her eyes. Audrey accentuated her style with a pearl bracelet and earrings dangling from her ear. All the groomsmen looked sharp in their tuxedos and powdered blue polo and bow tie.

Each bridesmaid and groomsmen were assigned a partner to walk with and to dance with in the reception party. Jessica partnered Audrey up with her old high school crush, Oliver Lucas. Oliver was a chick magnet along with Ethan back in the old days. They were like two peas in a pod. They were inseparable.

Oliver was giving Audrey the looks and showed off his killer smile that once got Audrey to her knees.

"Audrey, is that you?" Oliver asked in astonishment. "You look smoking hawt!"

"Thank you Oliver for that complement," Audrey replied. "But I remember you ditching me on prom night with Allysa Simons."

"Well, that was before you had braces. Now you're just really―really hot― with like flames around you."

"I'm like the ugly duckling everyone use to ignore and hate because of my looks until I transformed into the beautiful white swan."

"What?" Oliver asked dumbfounded.

"I just got a new exterior," Audrey reassured Oliver.

"What?" Oliver asked again with a chuckle.

"You still are the same Oliver. It's still empty up there," Audrey said and pointed to his head.

Everyone got to their position, hand and hand with their partners. All the guest have arrived and took their seats. In any minute, Jessica could be arriving in one of those vintage cars. Ethan looked prepossessing in his all white suit, shaking with nervousness.

In the middle of the aisle, blue and white flower pedals were scattered around the white carpet, they were to walk on. The long church benches were decorated with white cloth draping from each side of the benches. A blue tulle wedding bow hung on each bench. The alter was decorated with blossoming, flourishing red and white roses. A beautiful flower arch stood by the entrance of the alter and the main entrance with silk made streamers hanging down the arch.

Ethan's family sat on the right side and Jessica's family sat on the left side. Everyone stood from their seat. They began the ceremony with Ethan's mother and father walking down the aisle and same goes with Jessica's mother. Then came Ethan shaking in nervousness. His best man entered by the side doors. Before having the bridesmaid and groomsmen come in, they had the junior bridesmaid escorted by the junior groomsmen walk down the aisle first.