Susie Lynn's email: being the youngest

{Susie Lynn}

Hello Tish!

Mom says I only have ten minutes to write this email, I think that she worries that I'm going to write a novel and take up all your time, but I don't think that's true. You want to know what's happening here and I get that you can't call or text because then the hunters will find out you're talking to us. I hope that everything is all right there and the hunters aren't too mad that you're a werewolf now.

Are you much faster than them? I remember Conor was faster than you before, but Keith says that Conor is a faster werewolf than most werewolves, so I didn't know if that means that you're slower than he was. I wonder if I'll be a fast werewolf or a strong one; I don't feel very strong right now, because everyone on the farm can lift more, carry more, and do more than I can. Casey says not to worry because I'm still growing, but sometimes I get frustrated that I'm so much littler than they are.

Full moon can't come soon enough; I miss you and Conor a lot. And Aidan says that Grant is coming back so the whole pack will be together for the first time. I am looking forward to seeing you, and how different you find the farmhouse. Mom tore all the doors out and replaced them with wider doors for Dad when he comes home. And the kitchen is wider too; we pushed the wall with the fridge into the living room and opened up the countertop so that Dad wouldn't get stuck there. Mom hasn't figured out what to do about the downstairs yet, but we have ramps into the house, and we bought soooo much gravel and dirt to fill in the bumpy spaces of the farm and walkways. When I'm done with my classes, I have been shoveling the dirt all the way out to the pond. Mom wants to add fish and a dock and make it bigger for spring. Keith thinks we should wait for spring to start work like that, but Mom doesn't really listen to him. I think she's too sad that my dad's not here.

Casey and Katie have been letting me practice with them, and I'm keeping up my forms, but Mom still won't let me fight in the tournaments until you get back and I can put you on the ground. I hope that you teach me a ton during full moon so that I can get better quickly. I don't like being left out. Everyone talks around me like they forget I have the same hearing as they do. I know my dad is hurt, I'm not a baby. They can tell me things, and I'm not going to freak out. What can be worst than being kidnapped by a pack of werewolves? That's already happened to me this year.

Please look out for Conor; I'm worried about him. Every time he goes away, he comes back different.

Susie Lynn

____

Susie Lynn's emails makes me sad to write because...her whole life has changed forever becuase of Conor and werewolves. And she's only eleven. Anyway.

Thanks for reading!