The Tease

Erine had fallen asleep after going home at around 8pm. She woke up the next day at around 1pm and still sleepy. Her mom forced to wake her up to eat saying her phone had been beeping due to so many incoming messages. And she wondered why. It is not usual for her phone to be full of messages within first half of the day.

Could it be an abrupt client meeting or general work assembly at their office that she missed because she was informed late? She doesn't care. She's damn tired.

She opened her phone 2 in the afternoon. 20 unread messages. Who could be that demanding soul to send so many messages in a row? 10 missed calls? Wow!

And there, she saw his name. Erine's Mom gave her a different look. She then asked if his documents need to be submitted today and Erine forgot about it. Erine told her mom she's done assisting him including the checks. Erine's mom then raised her brows telling her daughter to better make sure and submit documents promptly.

When Erine began reading the messages one by one, she remembered. These were not about business anymore. These were the questions set for "later" but were not asked due to Christopher had to take his trip back to his place. She doesn't really feel like answering but something told her to do so just to avoid the client to feel bad after the deal has been made. He hasn't paid yet his first down payment. He can still cancel if Erine will be harsh or if she ignores the guy. Eventually that may affect the status of their sale and will make her mom and Tita Macy disappointed. She has to be careful.

Christopher is a demanding guy, Erine thought. She read the last message stating "It's okay if you don't like me but I like you very much. I missed you right away. Just let me know if it's not okay to text you so I'll stop." That was his message the night before when Erine was already asleep. And on his previous messages he has so many questions, personal ones, for Erine. Erine doesn't know how to start answering or which among them should she answer first. Shall she do it chronologically or choose what makes sense the most for her?

Erine was halfway doubting Christopher's intentions. She is thinking that maybe Christopher will need a lot of her help regarding his property. That's why he's being extra nice and sweet to Erine. Or he's really a guy with a sweet tongue and the type who "gets what he wants".

Whatever the correct answer is, Erine has to guard her heart. That is what she reminds herself. She's strong and can't be easily swayed. She knows that. It was proven and tested. But she somehow fears this time. He is such a tease. Hope he doesn't break Erine's beliefs.