Chapter Ten

Tanner and I tried again that night, we hoped and prayed for a miracle. I fell asleep in the arms of my amazing husband. I had a dream that I woke up at the doctor's office. I'm pregnant. Tanner and I were so happy I carried the baby longer than we hoped. "You're 12 weeks today, which means you get to know the gender." I could just see the happiness in Tanner's eyes. 

"We would love to!" we both say in excitement. The doctor pulls up my ultrasound and puts a cold jelly on my stomach. He moves the wand around and smiles at us. "It's a girl!" Tanner starts to cry tears of joy, "we did it babe," he says. He gives me a huge hug and I couldn't be any happier. 

I wake up to myself crying. Tanner wakes up and asks if I'm okay. "I had a dream that I carried a baby to 12 weeks and we got to know the gender." I said. "What was it?" he asks. "A girl." I reply. He wanted a girl so bad. 

The next few days passed and I started to not feel like myself. I didn't eat my regular favorite foods. I ate stuff that I would have never ate. I crave a lot more than I usually do. The next morning, I wake up to the feel of stomach sickness. I rush over to the toilet and throw up. Tanner runs into the bathroom, lifting my hair up and rubbing my back. "It's okay hun, I'm here." he says. I ask him to run to the store and pick up some tests.

A few minutes later he comes back with four pregnancy tests. I open each one and use it. A few minutes afterwards, I walk out of the bathroom and I see Tanner sitting on the edge of the bed, praying. "Honey?" I ask. He stops and looks up. He gives me a "yes?" look. I walk over to him and put each test beside each other in front of him. He starts to cry and hug me. They're POSITIVE.