Chapter 2

Blue's POV.

"Blue! Wait for me!"

I stop in my tracks, waiting for my best friend to catch up to me, knowing the sound of that voice.

"Thank god I found you before you left school." Rachel exclaims as she starts to walk besides me.

"What's up Rach?" I ask as we continue to walk to my car.

"Matt and I just found out today that there's going to be a party at Lindsey's house this Friday." Rachel says excitedly.

"Let me guess, you're telling me this because you're hoping that I'll go with you guys to the party so that I can drive you both there and back home." I state, having gone through this multiple times.

"Exactly. Except, the ride is not the only reason I want you to come. I also think that you need to let loose. Come on, I haven't hung out with you outside of school in forever because of your stupid college testing or whatever it is." She claims in disgust.

"It's called the SAT's Rach. And I am sorry that we haven't hung out in awhile but I really need to get a good score on this test if I have any chance in getting into a good culinary school." I reply to her, unlocking my car.

"But please? It's only one night and then you can go back to studying the next day. And if you really don't want to stay at the party after 2 hours then we can all go home and have a party of our own. Please, just give it a chance?" Rachel asks, practically begging me by grabbing my hands and squeezing them, which really means grabbing my wrists and squeezing them since I won't willingly let her hold my hand.

"Make it one hour and you have yourself a deal." I try negotiate.

"One and a half hour, come on, you gotta get comfortable and let loose which will probably take you about an hour and then you'll have that half hour to completely make up your mind." Rachel says.

"Ugh, fine. One and a half hours at the party. But I will be dressing myself and doing my hair and makeup. And if I say that I want to leave then we leave, no arguing unless you find a different ride home." I state, pulling back my wrists from her grasp.

"Oh my gosh, yay! Thank you, thank you thank you!" Rachel squeals, pulling me into a hug.

I sigh out of fake annoyance and unwillingly hug her back.
"Do you need a ride home?" I ask her, pointing back to my car.

"Nope, Matt and his brother are on their way to pick me up so that we can go to karaoke tonight at The Cafe. You wanna come?" She invites me, having hope in her eyes, hoping I will say yes.

"Maybe. I'll think about it. It is a Tuesday, which means it's a school night so we'll see if I feel up to it tonight." I shrug my shoulders.

"Okay, please come! It'll be so much fun!" She exclaims as a horn cuts her off.

We look over to see Matt and his brother, Kevin, waving at us in a white SUV.

"Call me if you decide to go. Love you hot stuff!" Rachel says as she hugs me and gives me a quick kiss on the cheek.

She laughs as I rub off her saliva on my cheek, knowing that I hate any type of affection from everyone and everything. She runs to the SUV as I open my door and get into my car, starting it up.

Should I go to karaoke tonight? It is a school night and I do need to study more for my testing since I am retaking the test. I can't fail this test or do bad on it, at all. I have to exceed. Then again, it is only one night. I have been studying like crazy and I pretty much get all good test scores on my practice tests.