Chapter One

"Calling all the single ladies."

Charlotte McCorrson stood nestled at the back of the reception centre semi-hidden behind a burgundy and white balloon topiary tree. Great. Bouquet throwing time, just what I need. Every man in the room to know I'm still single. They may as well take out a front page ad in the Ashton Point Chronicle. She could see it now. Ashton Point master cupcake baker extraordinaire struggles to snag herself a husband. Could she be lacking that special ingredient all men are looking for? What is wrong with the redheaded beauty?

She'd been over the moon when Beth and Lincoln asked CC's Simply Cupcakes to design a wedding cake based around Charlotte's award winning cupcake designs. What she didn't plan on was still being single by the time the wedding rolled around.

"Charlotte? What are you doing back here?" A petite voice spoke from behind.

She spun, her breath catching as her gaze landed on a vision in white. Decked out in a Karen Willis Holmes designer satin floor length empire dress with embroidered tulle overlay, Beth looked like an angel. There was barely a dry eye in the church as she walked down the aisle to her handsome prince. A fairytale wedding every bride dreams of.

Charlotte stiffened as Beth threw her arms around her neck and squeezed. "I never got a chance to properly thank you for the wonderful cupcake display you made, it was truly the cake of my dreams," she squealed.

"Your welcome. I'm so happy you liked it," she said in a muffled voice. Her mouth half covered by blonde ruffles of hair leaving a metallic taste of hairspray on her tongue.

Beth pulled back, their gazes holding strong. "Liked it...Are you serious? I loved it." A bolt of electric energy ran up Charlotte's spine. She cherished the buzz she got from seeing the joy her cupcakes brought others. "And if anyone thinks their taking the leftovers home tonight, they have another thing coming. That's all I'll be eating till we leave for our honeymoon next week."

Both ladies burst into laughter.

Beth overflowed with happiness. "Didn't you hear the MC? You need to get to the dance floor. I'm about to throw the bouquet."

Charlotte cringed at the thought. "No, no it's fine. I'm really okay sitting back and letting someone else take the limelight." She had planned on falling madly in love with the man of her dreams by the wedding, then everyone would know she was off the market. Now, it seems she'd be advertising her availability and the entire male population in attendance would be knocking on her door.

A sliver of disappointment marred Beth's expression. "I can't believe what I'm hearing. Your Grandma would be turning in her grave if she knew you were skipping the bouquet toss. You know how she loved tradition."

Warmth filled Charlotte's heart at the mention of her Grandmother. She was the reason they moved to Ashton Point in the first place. She treasured her independence.

She shook her head. "I'm happy watching from the sidelines, besides a mosh pit of single woman jumping around like clucking chickens all vying for their piece of the illusive dream isn't really my idea of fun."

"Now that's something I'd like to see." A gruff voice echoed in her ear.

"Excuse me?" Charlotte said, spinning to see Lincoln's best man grinning like a Cheshire cat.

"A mosh pit of single woman jumping around like clucking chickens," he said with a cheeky grin. "Definitely something I'd pay money to see."

Beth sighed, rolled her eyes and play punched him in the shoulder. "Give it a rest, Liam."

Liam... Mmmm. Why is it that all men named Liam are gorgeous? Liam Hemsworth.... Liam Neeson. Tanned, tall and handsome, he flashed a half smile at Charlotte and she felt a spike off interest spark in her belly.