The Last Of Alice Hart

this is just a preview of something that i have been working on. i might make this a real story maybe....

if you like it that is.

yeah bye.

The last of Alice Hart

I was sitting on the boat, on its way to the little island not so far from the mainland. The island was big enough for a whole town, but my family was the only ones that ever lived here.
In my hand was a big bouquet of flowers in white. Under that was my book. The book i had gotten from my mom. The cover was a beautiful sky blue and had my moms name on the front in big letters.
I hadn't read it until now. I opened the first page and started reading.

A lot of this isnt going to make sense to you and i'm sorry about that. But i'll try my best to explain so that you understand.
I'm just going to start at the beginning, with the house.

I saw the house up ahead. Big, extremely big house. It was surrounded by trees and rivers. Mom said that on the other side of the house, if i remember correctly, there was a beach and the sea. Well we are on a island.

I lived here until i was eleven. But i wasn't allowed in half of the rooms.

I walked up to the mailbox that was at least a mile away from the actual house. It was a rather odd mailbox and looked like a miniature version of the house.

In the mailbox were bills from 7 years ago marked urgent open immediately.

I closed the door like hach to the mailbox and kept on walking. In only a few minutes i had reached a gate that showed others that the ground inside the gate belonged to the house.

I had not been back since my brother Simons funeral.

I opened the gate and walked over the bridge that was crossing a running river. I heard the river flowing and some frogs croaking in the distance. Now i couldn't see the house dew to the trees blocking my sight.

In her will my mom left me a key but didn't tell me what it was for or what it unlocked.

I walked some more until i came across a path that led two ways. One wet up and one went down the hill, both separated by a big tree, witch had a carving that said: The Harts. Around our family name were little hearts engraved to the tree.

Maybe she thought id know or she thought the mystery would be enough to bring me back.

If you would go the path that goes up you would end up in a little playground built around a big tree. And if you were to go down you would end up on the trail to the house.
I took the road down and walked, listened and wandered.

The truth is, even after i inherited the house, i never thought id come back to it. But now i had questions about my family that only the house had answers to.

I wandered in the dark forest. Even if it is midday its very dark in this forest.

The woods around the house have always been always been uncomfortably quiet, as if they're about to say something but never do.

I walked a little more until i came to a clearing and saw the house. Majestic. Beautiful. Scary. Terrifying.
It was bit with a tower like building ascending from the actual building.

The house was exactly like i remembered it. The way i had been dreaming about it.

I walked past the basketball hoop and towards the steps leading up to the house. The steps were made of stone and there were little grass patches with flowers.

As a child the house made me uncomfortable in a way i couldn't put into words

I went up another set of stairs and saw the balcony where my mom and dad would sit on in the summer and have a nice talk.