Chapter 3: A Daughter of the Sun and Fire-breathing Bulls

Kalla POV

It was a normal day. Key word: was. At the moment I'm trying to comprehend that there's a mechanical bronze fire-breathing bull charging towards a girl that looks as if the sun had a daughter. I'm being serious. Anyway I should probably explain what happened.

I was minding my own business, cooking lunch over my fire when I heard a someone shout in another language. I thought it was Spanish but I now know it's Portuguese. And do you think I speak Portuguese or Spanish? If you think I do then you are very mistaken.

There was another shout but this one was in French. Finally something I can understand. I don't where I learned French or why I know it so don't ask. I went to go see who was shouting and tell them to shut up when I saw the mechanical bronze fire-breathing bull charging towards a girl.

This girl was obviously very smart because she had stood in front of the edge of the hill/mountain thingy. This meant that at the last second she could move to the side and let the charging bull fall. It's very hard for a charging bull to suddenly stop.

Her plan worked perfectly except the bull simply got back up and charged again while breathing fire at the girl who jumped nimbly out of the flames reach. This made me angry. Not the girl, the bull. IT SET EVERYTHING ON FIRE! The grass won't grow back for ages! Why can't life be simple?

Anyway, back to what I was saying. When I got angry at the stupid mechanical bronze fire-breathing bull, a freezing wind started blowing and snow started swirling down from the sky -even though there hadn't been a cloud in the sky before. The temperature had suddenly gone from 5 degrees to -4 degrees and kept decreasing. You could now see the breath of the girl and bull as steam although the bull seemed to be effected more since it had frost spreading over it. It was as if it had shut down and was now crumbling into golden dust. I was happy since the bull was gone and the dust blown away by the wind. Slowly but surely, the wind died down and the temperature rose as if it reacted to my emotions. Weird. Very weird.

"Who are you?" I asked the girl who led the bull here but that wasn't her fault. When she just looked at me strange, I realised that she doesn't speak English. I heard her speaking some French earlier so I asked her again but in French.

"I'm Cloe Hunter. Who are you and do you know where we are?" She replied in the same language.

"We're in Northern England and I'm Kalla Chase." I like speaking French. It's almost as if you're singing a song. "Can you tell me why there was a bronze bull chasing you?"