A Real Vampire

As Finn and Jake lounged about inside their treehouse fort, staring at BMO's bright LED screen while furiously hitting various buttons on the handheld controller, Finn blurted out a seemingly unprovoked question to his canine companion.

"Hey, Jake, what's it like being a vampire?"

"Huh? I dunno. Why do you want to know?"

"It's just... I've been thinking... About Marceline." Finn admitted into his lap, pausing the game they were playing as he spoke.

"Ohohoh!" Jake smiled knowingly, wiggling his eyebrows at his now blushing best friend. "Go on!" He taunted.

Finn scoffed and shoved Jake, only managing to create hand-shaped dents in the yellow fur of the mouldable body. "Nah man, this is serious! I... I think I love her, for real-zeez!"

"How many 'zeez'?"

"Like, a bazillion!"

"Okay then, why don't you ask her out?"

Finn's already pink cheeks turned a deep crimson. His voice cracked as he cried out in alarm.
"What?! I can't do that! She's definitely too cool to date me!"

"Nah, dude, just relax. You're already friends, so what's the harm I asking?"

"Ugh, I guess you're right. I'll ask her out on a date tonight."

"Alright!" Jake cheered, picking up his controller again and unpausing the videogame.

---

Meanwhile, within a dark cave just outside of Candy Kingdom, Marceline paced silently through her house, hovering just above both her splintering wooden tiles and dusty carpets. As she once again passed through her kitchen, she began muttered to herself. "It's not possible, Marcy. He's a human, you're a vampire, it would never work. He probably doesn't even like you; you're too aloof and intimidating. You need to stop playing hard to get if you ever want him to even try to go out with you."

Her thoughts were silenced by a gentle knock at the front door. She opened it, completely caught off guard at the appearance the very person she had been thinking about nonstop for the last few weeks: Finn.

He was standing in her doorway, a hand behind his back and his cheeks blazing with a brilliant shade of red. A few strands of blonde hair strayed from beneath his white balaclava. Marceline realized how cute he looked in his baby blue shirt and shorts; how the cool tones brought out the same shades in his huge, shining eyes.

The two of them stared deep into the others eyes for a moment before Marceline let her guest in. She knew she would be blushing right now if she had a working circulation system, by instead all she felt was the coolness of her pale flesh as she put a hand up to her cheek.

Finn stood a step away from the now closed entrance, staring into space. Marceline waved a hand in front of his face to snap him back into reality.

"Yo, dude, what's up?" She asked, trying her best to sound calm and relaxed considering the circumstances.

As he stepped out of his trance, Finn shook his head. "Oh, uh, right, um," he began, trying to avoid eye contact "Marceline would you... Wouldyouliketogoonadatewithme?" He asked rapidly, spilling it out as one word as he thrust a bouquet of scarlet roses towards the startled vampire queen. Marceline froze as she processed what he had said.

"Wh- I, er, I mean- Sure." She stumbled out.

"Really?!" Finn cried, relief washing over his tense body like a breath of fresh air. "How about tomorrow night, 8 o'clock?"

"Wait, before we do that, if you're serious about this, I need to turn you into a vampire. Your human body ages so fast, you seem to disappear in the blink of an eye. If you really want to be with me, you're going to need to be turned." She explained.

"I'd do anything for you." Finn replied, eyes glittering with determination.

"Are you sure? You know, if you do this, there's no going back. You'll be a creature of the night."

"I'm sure!"

"Okay then. This may hurt a bit." Marceline stated, getting closer to Finn.

She felt the heat radiating from him as she edged closer to his face. She felt his breath against her cool skin. She could hear his heart thumping in his chest. An overwhelming urge rushed over her as their noses brushed against eachother. She removed his hat, allowing his golden mop to cascade gently down his face. She brushed the softly tousled hair away from his neck as she made her way to where she could see the throbbing veins against his lightly tinted flesh. She planted her lips delicately against the sensitive area and felt him shiver and his heart rate quicken at the touch. She gave him a soft kiss before sinking her teeth deep into his jugular, allowing the thick, hot liquid to roll down her tongue and down her throat in large gulps.

Finn could feel the heat drain out of him as Marceline held him closer, tighter. It began in his fingers and toes, but slowly spread throughout his whole body. He saw the pigment leaving his hand as pins and needles began to attack the tips of his fingers. A feeling of weightlessness wafted over him as Marceline continued to use her powers to change him. He felt no pain throughout the entire process, even as his top incisors were pushed further through his gums to create razor sharp fangs. The last things to change was his naturally wheat coloured hair into platinum white and his sky blue eyes into fiery red.

When the transformation was done, Marceline looked into Finn's eyes, seeing a new self assuredness within the younger boy's stare. "How do you feel?" She asked, matching his confidence precicly.

He smirked suggestively at her in response.

"Hungry."

Author's Note
Well there you go! This isn't my idea, please check out Dewmany for the original story. This was a rewrite for him as I promised I would edit it for him. I hope you enjoyed the story. If you want more like this, tell me. I might do a second chapter, or even another short story altogether.
Thank you so much for reading!
Bye!