17 | Hypothetically

AUTHORS NOTE:

READ AUTHORS NOTE WHEN DONE WITH CHAPTER...VERY IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND.
_______________________________________

I enter the hell hole-cautiously closing the door behind me. I carefully looked up to see my surroundings, hoping I wont run into anyone.

I adjusted the hood on my head so that my face wont be seen, totally stalling. My heart rate increases the more I walk further into the room.

"Excuse me miss, can I help you?" A female voice called out to me as I continue to walk right pass.

"Miss, stop!" She shouts and I felt eyes burning through my hoodie.

I slowly lifted my head as I stood in the middle of the room.

I lifted my hands to remove the hood from head.

"Stop right there, no more sudden movements!" She shouts as I watch the people in the room aim their handguns at me. which made me smirk, so cute their little guns.

I took off my hood smirking. They froze in fear while I looked around the room for the person I actually came for.

"So Iʻm known here." I state with a smile as they continue to aim their guns my way.

"You sure do have a death wish." The man of the hour, my dad.

"No your men does if they don't lower their guns in the next 2 seconds." I retort crossing my arms and they immediately lower their guns. "Chief of police how the hell are you? It's been a while..."

I start to walk towards him as I look around the room, scanning terrified faces.

"Listen-

"No you listen." I corrected. "I have snipers hiding all around. If you try anything they'll shoot. You cross or even touch me, they'll shoot."

"Your bluffing."

"Do you want try and test me?"

I'm totally bluffing.

"No." He mutters in defeat.

"Good, I need to speak with you alone." All jokes aside I looked him directly in the eyes. "Outside."

He stared down at me for moment and nods. He gestures to the door allowing me to head out first.

He crossed his arms tilting his head slightly to the right.

"In this moment, your are the man that has looked out for me for 17 years. You are my dad not the chief of police." I told and his body loosens a bit.

I continue, "In this moment, I am not in a gang, I'm not a criminal... I am the girl you used to love a couple of years ago. I am your daughter."

"Zoe I-

"Please promise me you will address me as my dad and not the police right now!" He opened his mouth to speak. "Promise me!" I interrupted again.

He lets out a sigh and nods.

"Okay..." I breathed out running my hands through my hair. "Your brother is alive."

For a moment I couldn't tell if he was mad, sad, happy- he just stood there with his arms folded.

Then he smiles. "What?"

"Your brother, my biological father... goes by them name Marco Romano. Also known as the most feared mafia leader in Italy. His nicknamed, Matto Assassino because of the way he kills." His smile fades and turns into shocked.