chapter eleven

[ LAYLAS POV ]

i was sitting on my couch as my mom was making lunch when i got a text from ethan, he asked if i was doing anything. i said no then shortly he asked for me to come over. i replied with a yes. "mom i'm on my way to ethans house!" i said putting my checkered vans on. "ok be safe honey!"

i nodded while i left the house grabbing my phone and car keys. "shit!" i said due to the heat of the car i put my screen protectors over the windows so the sun wouldn't come in and blasted the air conditioning .

-ethans house-

when i got to ethans house i noticed that all the lights inside were turned off, i heard a faint sound of music coming from the top which i'm assuming is his bedroom. i walked towards his door and rang the door bell

[ ETHANS POV ]

i barely heard the doorbell ring over my loud music, i smiled and walked downstairs wearing nothing but my black sweatpants, walking toward the door i placed my hand on the knob.

[ LAYLAS POV ]

ethan opened the door with a smile, i walked in giving him a hug and taking off my jacket, "thanks for coming over layla." ethan said as he opened the fridge grabbing two strawberry sodas. "no problem." ethan motioned me to follow him upstairs to his room.

he opened the door and a crisp cold air hit me "home alone?" i said as he laid on the bed (picture above) "lol when am i not, hey can you turn that music up?" i walked over to his speaker and turned up the music that was flowing throughout my ears.

i looked outside the closed curtain windows and noticed the sun was going down. "come lay with me layla." ethan said lifting his head up. i smiled and walked over to ethans white bed and sat on top of him with him in between my legs.

"how'd you become a vampire?" ethan said tracing his finger up the side of my waist leaving little tingles. "well i was born with it." ethan made a little 'hm' sound and closed his eyes placing his hands behind his head. "how'd you become one?" "i don't want to talk about it."

what does he mean he doesn't want to talk about it. what is he hiding? "ethan why not?" i said while rubbing my hand up his smooth masculine bicep. "eh i don't know, brings back bad memories." "ethan just tell me!" he huffed and opened his eyes looked at me and closed them again.

"14th century, 1331 to be exact, transylvania." my eyes shot open as i looked at him i swallowed the lump in my throat and laid back down. "me and my friends were hiking in the mountains, since we heard of this dracula myth, or so we thought it was a myth. we were fooling around trying to prove everyone in our town that dracula was not real. when we reached a point in the mountain we saw a cave."

[ PAST ETHAN POV ]

"come on guys are you scared you're going to find dracula?" i said laughing at edward and nolan. i stepped inside the cave looking around narrowing my eyes trying to see in the darkness. i walked in deeper noticing all the scratches on the wall of the cave.

"hm probably some raccoons, come on guys it's fi-" suddenly i got cut off from the sound of breathing behind me. i looked at my friends expression as i turned a pale white some would even say as white as a roll of paper.

i slowly turned around, and when i fully finished i instantly regretted it. i had found dracula. his face was old and shriveled up, he wore a black cape. dropping across his whole tall body. his nails were long. and most importantly, his teeth. his teeth were the scariest teeth i'd ever seen.

dracula wrapped his skinny hand around my neck and held me up in the air, i saw as my friends darted away and i gasped for air. he dropped me and said "what are you doing here?" i didnt answer at first. he stuck his fangs out and threatened to bite me. i still didn't answer and he struck me. right on my neck. i remember screaming in pain as he left me in the cave while he retreated back to his corner.

i stumbled to stand and struggled to make it back down that mountain. all i remember is being sick for a long time then suddenly being the strongest person in town.

[ ETHANS POV ]

"i've been alive ever since i eventually told my family and they made me bite them to so they can live with me. layla do you know how old i really am?" she shook her head no "i'm six hindered and eighty-seven years old. i just don't age anymore! i just look like i'm a fucking eighteen year old boy."

"well you are an eighteen year old boy. you're just trapped." layla said adjusting her position.

"yeah i guess. layla i'm just scared. how long do you think i'm going to live?" i said holding back my tears." she shrugged and leaned down to hug me.

[ LAYLAS POV ]

shit i don't know what to do in this situation, if i don't speak soon ethan might think that i don't care. but i do.

"thank for sharing that ethan." i said not knowing what else to say "you make it easy to tell things." ethan said placing his hands on my torso. i sat back up and smiled at him while taking my ponytail out relaxing a little more. ethan started to trail his hands up my sides and placed them on my breast. "you're the prettiest girl i have ever seen." he said trying to pull my shirt down.