Chapter 1 : The Little Girl

One morning, Anna woke up and get up from her bed. She looked at the mirror and started to run her fingers through her pink hair. When she was done with her hair, she went to the bathroom and took a shower. Everything was so quiet.. of course it was quiet. Because everyone were still sleeping on their bed and Anna hoped she could sleep a little longer. She had things to do at the bazaar. Such as selling weird beverage that looks like mud combined with alcohol but somehow it tasted very delicious.

Anna was wearing a banana coloured turtleneck sweater with a broken heart drawing on it. She also wore lime coloured skirt and white socks covering her feet. When she was about to leave the house, she heard a door creaking open behind her. When she turned her head, she saw a male figure but he had no colour. He was literally grey from the top of his head until the bottom of his feet.

"Up already?" The figure said while he rubbed his eye with his hand.

"Oh, Max. I didn't expect that you wake up this early" Anna smiled a bit.

"I just want to go to the bathroom anyway. After that I will go back to the dream land for a while"

"Fine then. I need to go to the bazaar so we can earn money and buy stuff for our daily activities"

"Kay. See you this afternoon" He said as he started to walk to the bathroom.

Anna nodded as a reply and left the house. Anna loved being alone in the morning. She could feel the breeze through her skin and she could hear the birds chirped so lovely. She never liked living in a city anyway. Because almost everyday motorcycles were making loud noises and there were too many polution.

Few minutes had passed by and Anna reached the edge of the island. She saw the boat she usually used to go to the island across. She filled the boat with the ingredients she used for that weird beverage. After all of the ingredients were in there, she jumped into the boat. She turned her head and stared at the little island.

Alright. Another day for selling these fruit milks at the bazaar. I really hope the bazaar end soon so I can sleep for the entire morning.

Anna thought to herself as she turned her head back to the wide ocean as she started to row her boat to the island across.

----------¤¤¤----------

Anna arrived at the island across in about ten minutes and she could hear the busy people preparing their own stand for the bazaar. She took all of the ingredients that she needed for the weird beverage out of the boat and then she walked to her stand. Her stand is not really far away though. In fact, it's just four feet away from her boat. She dropped everything she has carried from the boat to the ground and started to prepare her stand.

.
.
.

Three hours has passed by. And Anna could feel the warm sunlight covered her face. So many people have stopped by and bought that weird beverage. Somehow, they enjoyed that mud looking beverage.

.

The sun was at the west and the sky was red-ish. That means Anna's work was done there. She packed the ingredients and when she was about to put it on the ground, somebody approached her.

"Excuse me.." a soft voice came out of that person.

Anna thought that she was the last person in that bazaar. She turned her head and there she saw a little girl, wearing a blood colored shirt with a magenta stained cardigan covering it.

"..do you need any help?" Anna asked her.

"I was just wondering if this stand is still open. If it's still open, may I have a drink?" That girl replied.

"Oh.. sorry. It's already closed. Maybe you can come back tomorrow?"

"Never mind. I'm not that thirsty anyway" that girl said with a straight expression on her face. Anna felt bad about it so she told the girl to wait for a moment. Anna took the paper glass out and filled it with fresh water which is good because it doesn't look like mud at all.

"Here, you clearly need water. Because your lips are dry." Anna told the girl.

"Wow thanks! You're very kind!" The girl replied out of joy.

Kind? It's just a cup of water anyway.. nothing is special about it.

Anna thought to herself. When the girl was about to take the cup of water from Anna's hand, she spotted something on the girl's wrist and her eyes were widened. She quickly grabbed the girl's wrist and accidentally dropped the cup of water.

"What are you doing!?" The girl shouted to Anna.

Just like what Anna thought, she has found another alphabet. She didn't know what she was supposed to react to it. Was she supposed to be happy? Panic? She really don't know.

"Where did you got this mark?" Anna asked her as she pointed the mark on the girl's right wrist.

"I was born with it. Why?" She answered with a lot of questions filled her head.

"This symbol is the one we have been looking for.." Anna talked to herself.

"What?"

"Wait here as I pack these ingredients and you must follow me when I'm done with these things."

"What about the water that you dropped?"

"I can make another." Anna replied as soon as she let go of the grip to the girl.

The sun has met the west horizon and the sky was getting darker. Anna has packed all of the items inside a large bag and she was ready to go back to the boat.

"Alright, I'm done here. Let's go." Anna said to the girl. The girl nodded and she followed Anna to the boat. The girl seemed like she was very confused about the situation that was happening there.

"What's.. your name?" The girl asked out of the scilence.

"..Annalise. call me Anna if you want." Anna replied. "What about yours?"

"It's Vega."

"That's a good name."

"Thanks.. your name is also good"

They finally reached the edge of the island and they can see Anna's boat floating alone in the ocean. Anna dropped the large bag into the boat and after that, she jumped in to the boat. Vega followed Anna and sat in front of her. Anna started to row the boat and they literally have nothing to talk about so Vega was just staring at the wide ocean when Anna rowed the boat.

.

Ten minutes have passed by and the atmosphere in the boat was so awkward. But luckily, they have arrived at the small island. No more awkward situations they need to face anymore. Anna jumped off the boat and she had the large bag with her. She waited for Vega to jumped down and then she leaded the way into the dark forest. Shortly after, they saw a small light inside a house. Anna walked faster to the house, her face turned into the serious mode again. She stopped right in front of the door and waited for Vega to stand beside her.

"Okay.. we're here. There will be some people inside this shack that maybe gonna ask you some questions about that mark on your wrist. So are you ready?" Anna said. Vega didn't replied because she had no idea what was Anna talking about. "I'll take that as a yes."

Anna turned her head back to the door, and opened it.

----------¤¤¤------------