o n e

One
"New beginnings."

The girl stood in the lift with her victim, a weapon in hand in case they did a sudden unprecedented jump out the window. Eyeing the creature, she remembered how lucky she was to find it alive, considering it was littered amongst the scraps and other worthless items. She judged by it's neon-coloured skin that it didn't speak a word of English , and her suspicions were confirmed when it turned to her and let out a loud groan.

"Sorry bud." The scrapper murmured, as she slapped the aliens back in an attempt to be friendly. It returned her comment with a confused tilt of it's head.

Before long the doors to the lift opened, revealing the Grandmaster mingling with other odd looking people. Throughout her time in Sakaar she had seen a variety of weird-looking alienated people, so nothing really shocked her anymore.

When nobody turned, she let out a loud and over-dramatic cough, causing multiple heads to turn, including the Grandmaster.
"Scrapper 132! My favourite...scrapper." The grandmaster voiced hesitantly, shooting her a suggestive grin.

"I'm touched." She sarcastically replied, pushing forward the alien she had found unconscious amongst the waste. The creature spoke no English and had little clue on what was going on, like most things brought to the grandmaster.

The grandmaster leaned forward to get a closer look at his potential fighter.
"Bring it," the grandmaster paused, raising a brow suspiciously, "closer."
She huffed, pushing the creature closer until the Grandmaster gave her a signal to stop. His eyes travelled the alien's broad and buff body before locking eyes with her, his smile returning.

"The.. thing will do. It'll make a good fighter for my contest." He concluded. A few seconds passed by, the scrapper staying firm in their place, expecting a reward. The Grandmaster continued his smile awkwardly, before turning to a lady beside him and whispering. A look of realisation flashed on the Grandmaster's face, turning back to look at the girl, realising what she was expecting.
"How much do you want for it?"  He questioned, getting straight to the point, staring at the scrapper with the same grin.

"10 grand." She spoke on a whim, watching as the Grandmaster's workers scoffed. Before anyone could protest, the Grandmaster agreed and threw her a sack of money.
She caught it and smiled, she didn't have time or energy to count every penny, so she just went with it.

"Thanks." She called out, turning around and swiftly entering the elevator. She knew multiple pairs of eyes were on her, but she couldn't of cared less.

The grandmaster gave a slow wave goodbye, much to the scrappers disinterest. She nodded her head lazily in return as the doors closed and she started her journey to the market place.

It was relatively quiet due to the poor weather, so no one made an effort to step outside. She made her way across the various stalls, mostly selling food, keeping her money closer to her person. She was heading to her favourite tavern where her and other scrappers met up, primarily to drink, but conversations also happened occasionally.

She was more then half way there when she heard a loud bang that echoed along the alleyway. Out of instinct, she reached for her knife hidden under the red cloth that loosely hung around her neck. Her curiosity got the better for her, and she wanted to investigate the noise.

Slowly, the scrapper stepped down the dark alleyway. Due to the lack of sun she struggled to make out anyone or anything in the darkness. Hesitant to make her presence known, she stepped further down the tight and sketchy alleyway making sure she stayed silent. Suddenly, a low grown emitted from, what she assumed, was a dumpster. She held her knife tighter as the bin lid slowly started to rise. Staying firm in her place, she got in her battle stance. She was aware it could just be an animal, but she figured it was better safe then sorry.