Full story unfinished reference only.

I decided to put in Writers Note here because I am actively not so actively creating this story and didn't want to confuse the wonderful readers.  I started this project with an outline type of story and have been overwriting the paragraphs with random thoughts.  Please comment on anything and I will most likely comment back or rework that section.  If you like something that is unfinished please let me know and I will add character, scene or action to the piece.  Now how do I get others to read this??????

The life the three

Once upon a time, there was a small family of a father "Tom", wife "Gillian" and baby girl "Ela". They lived in a nice country house in a small village on the outskirt of town. A church was right down the lane where the father would take his daughter every Sunday. The mother was not of fathers faith and would only visit a church during a funeral or if their neighbors had a wedding.  Their life was good but there was an evil still lurking in the fireplace waiting to get out.  

Ela Please sit down

The church was unrealistically quiet as even the church's practitioner at the podium stopped talking except for Ela. Ela screamed when her father made her sit down for the fifth time in as many minutes.

With a rosy face, Tom was trying to smile and whisper through gritted teeth. "Ela be good now."

Ela was just over two years old and was Toms biggest pride and joy. Ela is a beautiful girl with dimples and spirit of a firecracker.

Tom smiled half laugh and mouthed sorry to everyone. Ela was in the process to start another wail of distress when she noticed the funny wig on the woman in front of her. She lunged forward almost falling off the bench and pulled the wig off her head. A gasp from the woman at the same time Ela said "Lood dadds Bugs!" in the unfortunately quiet church.

From that day on Tom decided not to take Ela to church.

Age almost five

Ela loved to help her mother by washing clothes and sweeping up. One of Ela's favorite chores was to help Momma keep the fireplace lit. Mother would swoosh her away when she played in the cinder to much.

Ela you stay out of that Fireplace there is no need for you to be in that thing.

Momma the fire was going out.

Its hot enough dear now go get my wash outside then go look for some friends. She always told Ela to go look for friend s right before Gillian went into the woods to look for herbs and other smelly things.

Ela would lie and say ok mom and as soon as she left Ela ran inside to play with the fire. The fire was magical to Ela always, popping and hissing like it was talking to her. She would talk to it too but it never answered back. Ela would look for hours into the fire wishing she had a friend to talk to.

The Frog

On Ela's 5th birthday while her mother was away Ela found a small frog out by the wash. The frog was looking directly at her. What you doing here frog, mom put the wash bucket away long ago and I ain't got any flies. With her arms full of laundry, Ela started to walk away but the frog just watched her. Ela dropped the laundry and came back to squat down to the frog level. She wrinkled up her nose and said well at least you don't stink. What do you want froggy? The frog leaped a little closer to Ela and she held out her hand. The frog awkwardly moved to the center of Ela's hand and wiggled down in it. The frog was only as big as the small part of Ela's five-year-old hand but it looked very comfortable so Ela decided to talk to him. Ela couldn't find any dead flies but did find a cool muddy spot under the kitchen window the frog could relax in. She placed the frog there and said she would see him tomorrow.