She's here

I hear the letter box clatter i turn to face my alarm clock "3:00 am" I say to my self "who is delivering a letter to me at 3:00am".

I struggle to get out of bed to go see what it was, i'm still half asleep so I make a lot of noise when i get up. My wife Mary turns over to see me changing from my pyjamas to my work clothes she asks "what are you doing its 3 in the morning" 

" I heard the letter box i'm going to check what it is." I reply I hear Mary turn back over and back too sleep. I walk out of our bed room door down the hallway trying not to make to much noise as I was going past my two daughters rooms. 

I manage to make my way through the house to the front door. I turn the light on to see a letter on the ground. i pick up the letter and see that its from one of my old friends back in collage  my good old friend Steve. I opened the letter immediately and read it.

" I didn't know Steve had a toy company," i said to my self "i better text him back"

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and text him accepting his offer and that we should meet up some time but he doesn't answer strange.

-A FEW HOURS LATER-

As I was getting my daughters ready for school I got a text it was from Steve. "who's texted you daddy"  says Katherine

"a friend from collage Katherine." I reply

"daddy," Madi says "whats collage?"

I laugh it off and continue to get her ready for school.

Once Mary takes them to school I look at my phone to see what the menage is: open the door.

why would he send me something like that? I open the door to find a toddler sized doll sitting on my door step I look around and see no one there so I pick it up and take it inside. I put it on the dining room table as I go to make breakfast.

-AFTER DAVE FINISHES HIS BREAKFAST-

I hear a shuffling but I ignore it as I though it was our cat Penny messing around. I go to the dining table to see and empty box whit no doll I look around to not find her anywhere.I turn around to see her standing in the hallway "OK" i thought to my self I picked her up and put her back in the box.

"strange-" I say as I was interrupted by laughter from a little girl.