「Chapter 23」

I woke up, sitting up quickly, but lying back down as I groaned and grimaced in pain. My head began throbbing uncontrollably and I could feel bandages wrapped around my waist. I heard someone rushing to my bedside, putting something wet on my face.

I gasped at how cold it was and shoved their hands away from me, but the result was a burning sensation in my eyes it felt like.

"Milena, we have to get that disinfected or you'll never heal and you'll never see out of that eyes again! Now keep your hands down before I get Toby to hold you down."

I heard Whiskers tell at me slightly. Her voice was filled with frustration and concern. I'm sure that nothing that bad happ- MY EYE?

I tried opening both my eyes but I was only able to open one. Oh dear god what happened to me. I began breathing fast and looking around, also avoiding the rag Whiskers continued to put against my other eye.

"Toby! Will you hold her still?!"

She spat toward someone sitting next to her. I figured Toby was a guy, so he walked around to the other side of the bed, the opposite side I was facing, and I felt one of his large hands to grab my wrists and trap them behind me, and the other to hold my chin still for Whiskers to sterilise my eyes.

I whimpered in pain as the burning continued and I almost began crying. This hurt like hell.

Toby released me, finally, and Whiskers was finished, once again finally, and I sat in my bed and curled my legs to my body while I rested my head on the headboard of the bed.

I sat there with my eyes closed, almost drifting back into sleep, until I heard a loud knock on the door. I lifted my head quickly and my good eye drifted to the door.

It slowly opened and revealed the one and only, Slenderman. And I noticed he had one of his arms hid behind his back.

I felt the blurriness in my head as Slendy mind-linked with me.

'Whatcha hiding?'

I smiled sweetly and asked. He sighed and showed what he was hiding and I noticed it to be a rose.

I gazed at the beautiful red flower in awe and my smile grew two times wider. I have a feeling it's for me.

'I wanted to see how my beautiful flower was doing...some of the pastas worried me because they had doubts about you waking up, but I knew you'd be okay. How are you feeling?'

He asked as he held the rose out to me. I smiled at him and looked at his hand that held the flower and shyly took it from his grasp.

'Thanks... I'm doing pretty good considering I can only see out of one eye.'

I giggled silently at my thought.

'Well, that's wonderful. So, I was wondering what you remembered about what happened last night?'

He asked, crossing his legs and sitting at the end of my small bed. He took my hands and began reading memories. I'm kind of used to it considering it's one of the first this he wanted to do with me to see more about my life.

He sighed and let my hands fall from his as he shook his head.

'You don't have any memory of it as it seems.'

He said somewhat disappointedly.

I frowned at myself.

'I'm sorry..what is it that you wanted me to remember?'